+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qobuz

I'm Barry.

Default Qobuz

Any Qobuz users on here? I have just signed up for a 3 months trial, been using it with the Lumin app on my ipad and moode on the Raspberry pi.

One problem, in the Lumin guide it say's you can add albums/tracks to Qobus favourites, but that option does not appear for me. Not sure if this is a Lumin, Qubuz or a Moode problem?

I'm Werner.

Barry,

I’m a happy and satiesfied Qobuz customer, but I don’t use it for streaming. I purchase CD quality ALAC files for local playback.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Barry.

Thanks for your feedback Werner.

I'm John.

Hi Barry,
    I stream Qobuz via Bubble UPnP on an Android tablet to the Moode Player. I can add to Favourites using Bubble but the search is quite slow so I usually use the Qobuz player on my Macbook for that. I could of course stream from the Mac to Moode via Airplay but I find Bubble is more reliable and has better sound quality.
    I don't have a device that will run Lumin though.

I'm Stephen.

Signed up for a years Sublime last November - been a very happy bunny since as it has opened the door to loads of new music. Much preferred it to Tidal as Qobuz seems much better on jazz and classical.
    Currently running the LMS plugin for it but that only does playback. I log onto the Qobuz website to sort favourites / playlists etc.
    May soon be giving Audivirna a go instead of LMS as I believe it supports Qobuz and would enable me to save favourites etc whilst listening on my main system.
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm Barry.

Thanks for your feedback guys, I contacted Lumin support about my problem and received the following reply.

This is a limitation of your renderer, which does not fully implement the OpenHome standard for Qobuz.

I have been using Lumin for playback, seems to work better then airplay and great sound quality, and the Qobuz ipad app to add favorites etc. I have not come across another ipad app that works, anyone?

John, the Lumin app is available for Android tablets.

http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-app.html
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 19-04-2018 at 07:26.

I'm Adam.

I have the Free Qobuz Hi-Fi Flac 3 month trial on the go since about a week ago.

Using it with my Raspberry Pi / Wolfson card into my Creek CD50 CD Player / Dac....

...on Squeezeplug certainly less glitchy than Tidal's free trial.

I am quite tempted - but then I have my own collection of 8000+ CDs in Flac on hard drives. The fact that I am able to choose my preferred CD masterings from my own hard drive makes using a streaming solution a bit dubious.
    Adam.

I'm gone.

I was offered a free 3 month Qobuz Hifi sub a couple of days back and signed up.
    Quite impressed with the 16/44 sound, definitely a smallish but significant step up from Spotify Premium.

I just run it straight from my laptop into my DAC via a Halide Bridge USB/co-ax converter.

The classical catalogue (which is all I care about) isn't as good as Spotify, but it is good enough. It's about the same as Tidal, I would guess.

It's good that you can search by record label, a thing you can't do on Spotify.

The only irritating thing I have so far come across is that it takes ages to jump into a track part way or to jump ahead. Spot can do that instantaneously.

As I say, impressed so far and it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that I will renew and start paying come mid-July.
    Of course, Spotify may have gone higher rez by then.

I'm Grant.

Still using Deezer, although there have been a lot of glitches in the last few versions which has pissed me off a bit, considering the cost. tempted to go back to spotty if it doesnt improve soon. I do like the way it works tho when it does.... not much classical mind. not tried quboz
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ken.

Kit1cat - I use Qobuz desktop app on my laptop, it has a couple of bugs they are working (cache related) on but is great when running correctly.
    I compared the sound quality of the BASIC streaming packages from Spotify, Quobuz and Deezer.
    Spotify was utter crap. Deezer was in a different league and Qobuz just a little short of Deezer in sound quality.

I went for Qobuz, because Deezer has precious little info on what is playing, you don't know if its an original, a remaster, an extended edition etc. There is no info on who played on the track, who wrote it etc. All this is provided by Qobuz.
    Deezer support said they had no plans to add any of this, so it was a non starter for me.

I have been looking at using Qobuz on a RPi.
    Using Kodi as the player, which is part of the OSMC operating system image for the RPi.
    Kodi is supposed to have an extension for Qobuz.

I have only got as far as checking out the websites, but the Kodi site says it's RPi compatible and also Qobuz compatible, so it might be worth your while taking a look, as I am not a RPi user at present so may have missed something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast