+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clamp for rega rp3

I'm richard.

After you mentioned it Russell I looked into it. Plenty of stuff on YouTube using your method. But two bits of glass is a lot cheaper than this contraption : http://www.vinylflat.com/

So yes I'll be trying this when the wife goes out.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbiker800 View Post
    After you mentioned it Russell I looked into it. Plenty of stuff on YouTube using your method. But two bits of glass is a lot cheaper than this contraption : http://www.vinylflat.com/

So yes I'll be trying this when the wife goes out.
    So. What is that in the link? A hot plate for your record player? I’ve seen a machine they sell in the high end catalogs that’s about 4 times as much! But at least has a timer, put your record in and shut the lid, it will ding when it’s ready. But for that kind of money I can watch it myself. I’ve got a laser thermometer pistol thing, I paid about $14 for it and it could be very useful in monitoring the heating process. I like to point it at my Krell and see how hot it’s getting! In fact, I bet I could flatten Records on top of it?

Russell

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    So. What is that in the link? A hot plate for your record player? I’ve seen a machine they sell in the high end catalogs that’s about 4 times as much! But at least has a timer, put your record in and shut the lid, it will ding when it’s ready. But for that kind of money I can watch it myself. I’ve got a laser thermometer pistol thing, I paid about $14 for it and it could be very useful in monitoring the heating process. I like to point it at my Krell and see how hot it’s getting! In fact, I bet I could flatten Records on top of it?

Russell
    Re Contraption; its been well through thru and IF it was 50% of the price with free post to the UK then. I'd have one.

Can we have pics of your 2 sheets of glass on top of your Krell ? LOL !!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Instead of a clamp or weight, may I offer a lateral method which might work for you and did for 'us' at the time? The Notts Analogue Spacemat used to work well with the glass platter and offers better support and 'termination' to a vinyl LP - tapping the record while playing usually ends with a very muted noise compared to the felt/wool mat Rega supply.

At higher price and even better at the time, the Ringmat really did work despite going against the then common thinking. It made me consider that record support nearer the centre may well be better than the traditional edge support.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hope they help a bit.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm richard.

thanks David I'll take a look at your suggestion.

I'm Russell.

Re Contraption; its been well through thru and IF it was 50% of the price with free post to the UK then. I'd have one.

Can we have pics of your 2 sheets of glass on top of your Krell ? LOL !!
    How’s this:

Introducing the new Krell record flattening machine. Only $3300! Don’t your warped Records deserve the very best?

Russell

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    How’s this:

Introducing the new Krell record flattening machine. Only $3300! Don’t your warped Records deserve the very best?

Russell
    Thats hilarious Russell..... couple of things: did it work ? and I hope the Krell doesn't overheat !!

I'm Russell.

Thats hilarious Russell..... couple of things: did it work ? and I hope the Krell doesn't overheat !!
    I was just kidding, but I may try it! I don’t think 5 minutes on top of the amp would cause it any harm? It runs warm to the touch, but is never so hot you can’t lay your hand on it.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123