+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zeta tonearm strip down and bearing change.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    im sure chromed balls are more than acceptable.
    Agree, but do get a precision bearing
    Geoffs idea of magnetisation is a good one and can easy be demagnetised after installation

On the subject of Vaseline it melts at body temperture 37C so couldn't you use a hair dryer to melt it? or just use grease and remove with meths or alcohol

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Very late reply..

Before anyone else wants to risk messing up or even destroying their rapidly value appreciating Zeta arm, I remember Mike Harris (http://www.britishaudio.co.uk/rewire.htm) as being able to properly help with Zeta bearing rebuilds - the early bearings were troublesome I was told. Mike was also one of the very few people outside of Rega with the special custom torque tools to PROPERLY rebuild and reset reset the RB300 (and upwards) bearings. Worth checking with him if he still offers assistance, as it's many years since I was there and saw Zeta arms there waiting bearing replacements and re-wiring...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm jamie.

yes if you not confident doing it yourself always go to an expert.
    i should point out mine went off to a so called expert for a re wire and bearing check,the excessive horizontal play in the bearings was totally missed hence why i did it myself. nothing was destroyed or damaged.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Massimo.

Hello there,
    I saw your post on Zeta Arm repair but photos were not visible.
    Could you gently send them for me?
    I have a problem with anti skating control ( wheel? spring?) concerning arm descend to disc: often occurs a kind of arm floating that prevents a correct vinyl lecture.
    Any advice for this kind of malfunction?

Best regards
    Massimo

I'm m.

As above, is there any chance you could either send the photos to me or are able to put them on another photo hosting website?

I think the photo hosting website I have used still in the past is working and free so I could redo your first post with photos or compose a Word document ..... goes off to check if photo hosting site is still running ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234