+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tidal masters streaming!

I'm Lee.

Default Tidal masters streaming!

Ok just bought a Naim Muso qb, and received 6months free tidal HiFi subscription, so thought I’d get something that could stream the mqa masters to my main HiFi in the living room (currently using Sonos Connect & Spotify ) so I bought a Bluesound Node 2. I set it up and got it working over Wifi with tidal, it works great with cd quality tracks but mqa tracks just keep buffering and stop ever few seconds 😡. I then connected the node via a power line to the router and still the mqa keep buffering, has anyone got any suggestions on how I can resolve this ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ljcarr View Post
    Ok just bought a Naim Muso qb, and received 6months free tidal HiFi subscription, so thought I’d get something that could stream the mqa masters to my main HiFi in the living room (currently using Sonos Connect & Spotify ) so I bought a Bluesound Node 2. I set it up and got it working over Wifi with tidal, it works great with cd quality tracks but mqa tracks just keep buffering and stop ever few seconds ��. I then connected the node via a power line to the router and still the mqa keep buffering, has anyone got any suggestions on how I can resolve this ?
    Are you able to play the Tidal Masters on your PC?

I'm Lee.

Not tried?

I'm Geoff.

Not tried?
    Worth dowloading the PC app and making sure that your have settings on Master Quality. Then set up a few MQA/Tidal Masters playlists.

The problem may be that these Hi Res files will not play on your streamer, only on the PC. That is the case with my Cambridge CXN. MY Masters paylists simply downscale to 44k. Annoying, yes but the SQ is still pretty good.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

as geoff says, the masters are from the pc i think..also a dac able to take the higher rez. buffering could be that. or your internet is running slow
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    as geoff says, the masters are from the pc i think..also a dac able to take the higher rez.
    I suspect that the problem is not with your DAC but the fact that Tidal block the MQA stream for other devices.

I'm Gary.

Happily streaming MQA from Tidal here?
    Its Dac dependant really for full MQA unfolding.

Also I’d avoid streaming hires stuff over Wifi, if you can hook it all up using a wired connection that’d probably eliminate the buffering.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 14-04-2018 at 09:37.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Lee.

Ok guys all valid suggestions, but dac in the Bluesound node 2 is mqa compatible, I’m defiantly playing the mqa master version of the albums as it states so on the app and they were saved to my favourites via the Mac computer app. The Bluesound is currently connected via power line adapter so nearly as good as direct connection via Ethernet? I’m connected this way because the router is to far away up on the 1st floor of the house.

I'm Geoff.

Ok guys all valid suggestions, but dac in the Bluesound node 2 is mqa compatible, I’m defiantly playing the mqa master version of the albums as it states so on the app and they were saved to my favourites via the Mac computer app. The Bluesound is currently connected via power line adapter so nearly as good as direct connection via Ethernet? I’m connected this way because the router is to far away up on the 1st floor of the house.
    As I said earlier, I think MQA only plays on the desktop apps. If you can play MQA on your Mac but not on your MQA streamer that would seem to confirm this. I use powerline routers too with no problems btw.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    As I said earlier, I think MQA only plays on the desktop apps. If you can play MQA on your Mac but not on your MQA streamer that would seem to confirm this. I use powerline routers too with no problems btw.
    I here what your saying but the Bluesound node 2 will definitely play mqa from tidal it’s one of there selling/marketing points!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast