+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Information regarding digital amplifier

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    just thought I would say. Received Nuforce dda120. Was bought at a knock down price ,new and boxed. With all bits including wireless bluetooth. Its in my system now and its pretty amazing for the price. Not even run in which is supposedly 75 hours and it does sound very good indeed. It cost me less than I have spent on cables in the past. Very impressed.
    I have a DDA-100 which is a DDA-120 minus the analogue input. It must be one of the best bargains in hifi, especially if used in a mainly digital system. Think of it as a power DAC: digital signals are amplified and sent straight to the speakers.

It has ultra low noise levels, very good dynamics and transient attack and a very extended smooth treble. The only downside is the analogue input which falls far short of the digital inputs. I guess the analogue is useful though for those who want to plug in an mp3 player or similar.

Geoff

I'm Colin.

It is very good for the money. I have an Apple airport conn3cted to analogue with cd on coax. Just got the airport but not sure if I can conn3ct it any other way. Don’t know what use the wan and lan ports would be. But on initial listening it’s very good

I'm Geoff.

It is very good for the money. I have an Apple airport conn3cted to analogue with cd on coax. Just got the airport but not sure if I can conn3ct it any other way. Don’t know what use the wan and lan ports would be. But on initial listening it’s very good
    You can connect the Airport with an optical cable The analogue input is not very good. Alternatively, a Chromecast Audio is a very cost effective streaming solution using an optical connection.

Geoff

I'm Colin.

Not sure how I connect Airport with optical unless there is some form of add on. No optical connection on express which would be good, and don’t see an6 on Extreme either but would be interested if possible
    Colin

I'm Geoff.

Not sure how I connect Airport with optical unless there is some form of add on. No optical connection on express which would be good, and don’t see an6 on Extreme either but would be interested if possible
    Colin
    The 3.5mm socket doubles as optical out, but you will need a Toslink cable or Toslink adaptor to use. Neither should cost you more than a few quid.

Geoff

I'm Colin.

That’s great thanks Geoff

I'm Geoff.

That’s great thanks Geoff
    If you alreaady have a spare optical cable, all you need is one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TosLink-O...-/190484871648

I'm Colin.

Like most of us I have spare everything . I have an optical cable to hand so will get an adaptor tonight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123