+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Information regarding digital amplifier

I'm Colin.

Default Information regarding digital amplifier

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this product. The reason being* that I am considering replacing my system with a simpler didigtal solution. In simple terms, retain my Apple airport, add this amplifier and possibly a music server whatever that may be. Although I may retain the CD player and use coax connection leaving RCA’s for Apple.

The reality being* that I don’t really have the time anymore for Lp listening and the system is just not getting* used so a few hundred lps possibly 500 may be getting sold with Tt etc. And an amplifier.

The nuforce seemed to fit the bill in usability and available at respasonable cost. I may rip all my cds again to flac ,currently Apple lossless so CD player may be redundant as well.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Colin

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this product. The reason being* that I am considering replacing my system with a simpler didigtal solution. In simple terms, retain my Apple airport, add this amplifier and possibly a music server whatever that may be. Although I may retain the CD player and use coax connection leaving RCA’s for Apple.

The reality being* that I don’t really have the time anymore for Lp listening and the system is just not getting* used so a few hundred lps possibly 500 may be getting sold with Tt etc. And an amplifier.

The nuforce seemed to fit the bill in usability and available at respasonable cost. I may rip all my cds again to flac ,currently Apple lossless so CD player may be redundant as well.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Colin
    .... and the amp is ?

I'm Geoff.

I'm not aware of any digital Hi-Fi amps.

Unless you mean an amp with built in DAC. Not an idea I particularly like, as the DAC part will be 'old hat' long before the amplifier section ceases to be useful.

Class D amplifiers like the Nuforce are analogue devices.

I'm Colin.

Good point the amp is a Nuforce dda120. Doh!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Good point the amp is a Nuforce dda120. Doh!
    Pm sent

I'm Colin.

Well amp purchased as it was a good deal and less money than I have spent on a cable in the past.
    So partly reference I think guy Hayton thread re JRiver. What is in non techie terms the most straight forward way of ripping cds to flac. Predominantly JRiver and dBpower amp are there in the conversation but from a practical point is there a faster way of actually ripping cds or is the simple solution a pc with a large amount of RAM?
    I have a Samsung laptop which has windows pro and little 3lse on it as I use it primarily for work emails that’s about it.
    Colin

I'm Mark.

if you already have apple lossless just convert to flac, no point ripping again

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm not aware of any digital Hi-Fi amps.

Unless you mean an amp with built in DAC. Not an idea I particularly like, as the DAC part will be 'old hat' long before the amplifier section ceases to be useful.

Class D amplifiers like the Nuforce are analogue devices.
    Lyngdorf ?
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm Colin.

Red marks comment so I can convert Apple lossless to flac. That would be a sim0ler solution.

I'm Grant.

yup, just use jriver or another.. db is quicker i think.... will do bulk conversions.. remember to keep a copy of the current rips first so if anything goes wrong you still have them.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast