+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tube vibration damping rings

I'm James.

Listening to the system tonight I have noticed a greater clarity to a lot of the recordings and better separation on information so vocals are now that much clearer. I can hear what the lyrics are without struggling.

The only change in my system - Tube vibration rings!

I'm Grant.

Got a couple on my dac valve
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Careful! Such proclamations have been compared to witchcraft.

Glad you hear the effect to. I'm a big believer in "everything matters".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Listening to the system tonight I have noticed a greater clarity to a lot of the recordings and better separation on information so vocals are now that much clearer. I can hear what the lyrics are without struggling.

I'm James.

There was a downside to the increased clarity - bloody clicks and pops sounded louder and more noticeable!

Yes Oli, I recon tube rings are witchcraft, like cables and fuses and....

Bigman80 Guest

There was a downside to the increased clarity - bloody clicks and pops sounded louder and more noticeable!

Yes Oli, I recon tube rings are witchcraft, like cables and fuses and....

I'm jamie.

are you saying you were struggling to hear what the lyrics were before adding some rubber rings?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    are you saying you were struggling to hear what the lyrics were before adding some rubber rings?
    No, but they are even clearer now. Sometimes they could be obscured a little in the mix as it were but last night I noticed lyrics were easily intelligible. It's interesting that changing even small things in your system can have unknown consequences. Every piece of equipment no matter how big or small somehow manages to change your perception of what you hear, they draw your attention to different aspects in the music.

I'm James.

I might just add the noise floor was very low last night for some reason and ambient temperature in my room was perfect so these factors could also effect how my system sounded.

Later today it is going to sound dramatically different for sure with a Massive change happening.

I'm Alan.

You putting Massive Attack on?

I'm Kevin.

A bit of the Massive never hurt anybody.

The big question is how many rings you have fitted?
    Would valve dampers be better?

Like these - http://www.europeanaudioteam.com/en/...er-000012.html
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast