+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing iTunes with Jriver for Windows

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive got six copies of mine... not all bang up to date but close enough... peace of mind as i once had 2 drives go in a week...that was a dodgy week till i got new drives..lol
    Same here, not backed up religiously but enough to minimise the pain. A lot is sitting on my iMac in work (backed up to a NAS and a USB drive).

As well as the usual wear and tear on HDDs, I’ve seen quite a few SSD’s and USB drive failures over the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm fabulous.

Hmmmm.... I think I will order another 3TB external drive I think. £74 on Amazon delivered Monday. Small price to pay in comparison to the 5,200+ albums that will be put on this and the two other drives!!!
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm fabulous.

PROGRESS REPORT

Okay been playing around with Jriver for a few days (on and off over past couple of weeks as busy in work)

Finally, getting to grips with it and the plethora of settings. So yesterday I uninstalled Jriver, installed the Windows 10 April 2018 update and this morning reinstalled Jriver. Then been leaving it importing my music into the Library and its now at the stage of generating "thumbnails". Going to play about with the "auto-import" feature now to see if Jriver picks up me placing a ripped album onto my NAS drive from another laptop.

Found the audio only option under the View menu - so that has helped greatly.

Question:

Has anyone been able to get Airplay working on Jriver installed on Windows?

I have Airplay enabled on Moode (RPI2) but cannot see how to connect Jriver to it. I used to use iTunes to airplay music to Moode for non-serious(background) listening because as a visual person I used to prefer navigating my collection by album cover.

TIA

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders

I'm Grant.

windows pcs dont do airplay natively. there is a server in jriver which allows you to push music etc. it can then play other libraries or send music etc and you can use the remote..the ios remote is best and works great on my ipad or iphone.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm fabulous.

Cheers Grant... I wasn't looking at the server related aspects of Jriver. Is your laptop connected directly to a DAC?

I might investigate the DLNA Renderer option of Moode

I'm Grant.

it is at moment via a 10 metre usb cable. it should go to a rpi that way.. it sends it wirlessly to my oppo that has a dlna server
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm fabulous.

I went into moOde configuration and switched on the UPnP renderer. I remembered that Naim use UPnP for their streamers and I always associate DLNA with video not audio.

Anyway i I had to switch on Media Networking in Jriver also which seemed a bit of overkill as I don't need all the server functionality on the laptop. Anyways, I now have a Play (Moode) option available to me, and if I change zone in Jriver to Moode I can now play music from the laptop onto my hi-fi.

Jobs a good-un. Still seems to be loads of options and features in Jriver that I haven't touched.

I'm Grant.

That's good. It's got lots in it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm fabulous.

After a dodgy attempt at trying to use the Rename, Move, Copy function I finally decided - you know what this software is worth £38
    So purchased a licence. Thanks to everyone for their support and suggestions. Although I still need to find a good consistent method to get media files onto my NAS drive and then indexed into the Jriver library.

My next main task is trying to see if I can configure a user, view and startup zone for everyday use. Looking at the options I should be able to configure a "play on hifi" mode for day-to-day use, where I can't delete stuff by accident and also have it start up connected to the Moode zone by default.

I'm Grant.

Default Replacing iTunes with Jriver for Windows

Good. The tag system is very powerful too and it can import cover art etc. Lots of fun tweaking the audio too.

Ps I got it playing through moode too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12