+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 audiophile myths busted

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I guess if the incontinence pants and zimmer frame don't put you off, go for it!

Would never guess you had those kind of problems

I'm Timothy.

I guess if the incontinence pants and zimmer frame don't put you off, go for it!
    Oh my!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Would never guess you had those kind of problems
    It's easy to go off people.

I'm Geoff.

Keren was OK. The other two were a bit rough. Guess they're about sixty now!
    They were never the same after Bingo left and they ditched the costumes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtD4mn9CeH4

I'm Dennis.

As both Marco and I have said, we have in audio and in life also, to live with the tensions of lack of a stable final resolution, and accept that it is not all neat and tidy and 'put away'.

That, once accepted, removes the need for the neurotic espousing of a 'knowing better than everyone' stance, and the resulting polarised arguments, often propounded by the arrogant, (but deluded) 'objectivists who trample all over others' feelings.

The best academics are humble and self effacing, and they exhibit a real commitment to truth itself, rather than the role which they have adopted being for reasons of social status.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    As both Marco and I have said, we have in audio and in life also, to live with the tensions of lack of a stable final resolution, and accept that it is not all neat and tidy and 'put away'.
    You've seen my house then?

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    That, once accepted, removes the need for the neurotic espousing of a 'knowing better than everyone' stance, and the resulting polarised arguments, often propounded by the arrogant, (but deluded) 'objectivists who trample all over others' feelings.
    As if 'Subjectivists' are not guilty of the same 'trampling' - please spare me ....

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by George47 View Post
    #2 Valves are yesterday technology False.
    Strictly speaking, valves actually are "yesterday's technology". That doesnt mean to say, however, that they're not still technically relevant!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dennis.

I agree completely with your last para in post 133 Andrew, and I was surprised because he states he has had a scientific training.

I'm Brook.

Interesting topic Alex, but name just one hobby, anyone at all & there will be as many opinions on how to do it correctly as there are people in the hobby. It fascinates me how many different paths there are that lead you to the common goal, & whilst I agree that accuracy is paramount to the goal of true high fidelity, I have heard many systems that sound very similar in some areas, but oceans apart in others. People like what they like, & in striving for the best possible sound one can achieve in their own listening room & budget, personal preferences mean we will tailor that sound to fit those preferences, I don't see how that can be avoided. I am aware that there are some people who will espouse they will only buy kit that measures well, & would never entertain the thought of buying something like a valve amp that sounds divine but measures badly by comparison. They genuinely think that amp defective, but that view makes no sense to me, indeed they can shove measurements in my face all day if they like but it wouldn't change my point of view with regards to building a system capable of moving me, & I don't consider it a form of bullying either, there are zealots in all walks of life & if their views are different to my own I either ignore them or let it wash over me, I don't care.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast