+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 audiophile myths busted

I'm joe.

I sometimes wonder where all these alleged assertive, bullying objectivists hang out. No objectivist's ever tried to convince me that I 'should' be using one type of audio technology over another. OTOH there's plenty of subjectivists wishing to assert that theirs is the one true way to audio nirvana.

I'm Geoff.

So it's all out (un)civil war between the subjectivists and the objectivists!

Fine , but I claim the feathery hat!

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Audiophile Myth xx-Most of these threads end up being pointless overall, as we all do what we want to anyway!

Actually it has been an interesting read, as are most posts. And the above is probably truth and not myth...I am confused. More coffee...
    Is that dark or light roast?

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Strictly speaking, valves actually are "yesterday's technology". That doesnt mean to say, however, that they're not still technically relevant!
    What in the way transistors aren't?

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    So it's all out (un)civil war between the subjectivists and the objectivists!

Fine , but I claim the feathery hat!
    ... I'm off in search of windmills to tilt at

I'm Timothy.

Quote Originally Posted by George47 View Post
    Is that dark or light roast?
    George, it is "shop" coffee, more like well used, burnt motor oil.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What if you've actually had one of the musicians present with you when you play his album on your stereo? And he says 'That sounds like it did in the studio' or 'That sounds nothing like it did in the studio.'?

I have, and I got the latter response.
    Seeing is believing, and hearing is a bitch.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I sometimes wonder where all these alleged assertive, bullying objectivists hang out. No objectivist's ever tried to convince me that I 'should' be using one type of audio technology over another. OTOH there's plenty of subjectivists wishing to assert that theirs is the one true way to audio nirvana.
    Try reading any discussion thread that claims how digital is superior to analog, or vice versa. Lots of 'objectivists' claims being thrown out, usually by people who listen to music with their eyes and their intellect, not with their ears.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Try reading any discussion thread that claims how digital is superior to analog, or vice versa. Lots of 'objectivists' claims being thrown out, usually by people who listen to music with their eyes and their intellect, not with their ears.
    So in truth - you can't really give any concrete examples but just thought you'd run it up the flag pole....

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    So in truth - you can't really give any concrete examples but just thought you'd run it up the flag pole....
    Surely that's a special flagpole and not any log!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast