+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Jim.

Default Hello

Hello all,

Just registered and saying my hello, from Gloucestershire, as requested. I do recall looking at this forum a long time ago for reasons long forgotten after I was recently directed here by a link in another forum (not hi-fi related) posted by a member here who is also a member of that forum (MOT Rigger, if you ever read this).

I listen to a fair bit of Krautrock, a little bit of more mainstream rock, still have a soft spot for early Yes. Probably fair to say my musical taste is stuck in the 70's although I do listen to modern stuff too.

I have on the go an LP12, Edwards audio MC MkII phono stage, Ayon Scorpio amp, Kef R900 speakers. Also still use an old Rotel CD player, can't remember the model off the top of my head, I think it's an RCD 855, can't go and look as I'm at work at the moment although I just googled that model and it looks like it. The drawer sticks now and has to be helped open when I press the button but I mostly play vinyl so thats no great problem.

Jim

I'm Paul.

Hello Jim, I'm a fairly new member myself and getting good advice from all quarters. So are you still a CD & turntable man or do stream as well?

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS James.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm M.

Welcome to AOS

I'm Jim.

Thanks very much for ther welcome all.

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Hello Jim, I'm a fairly new member myself and getting good advice from all quarters. So are you still a CD & turntable man or do stream as well?
    Hello Pepperamip, I'm sure you are getting good advive, I have spent time reading the forum before joining and there seems to be some very knowledgeable and helpful people here, I hope I can take advantage of their knowledge when I need help in the future.

I don't do streaming at home, the closest I get is ocassionally using spotify on my i-pad when I'm away from home on business

I'm Geoff.

Hi James. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll like being here, there's plenty going on and everybody is friendly.

Tell us what future plans if any you may have for your Hi-Fi, we like to hear what people have in mind.

If you want advice on the CD player, just ask questions in the Digital Expressions section, you should get some decent opinions.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Jim.

Thanks for the welcome Geoff.

Future plans eh? Well, I have a Pink Triangle turntable in a box that I'd like to get back into service sometime, but I've been promising that to myself for quite a while now and it is still in the box. Need kids to get their own place so we have the house back and utilise the space how we'd like to!

Also have an old Armstrong amp that needs a bit of a looking at and which I'd like to get up and running again. Any advice about where I could go to get this done this would be greatly appreciated.

The CD player will need replacing at some point I suppose, but at the moment the sticking drawer is not really a problem, I did think a quick squirt of WD40 may help! (only joking).

Jim

+ Reply to Thread