+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valve base down.. .

I'm Steve.

Hi Mike, that's extremely kind of you thank you. I've got to travel to Manchester at some point this week so I'm going to see if I can get Mike Powell to have a look while I'm there. I'm convinced it's a dry joint. If not I'd lo e to take you up on the offer Alan as you're not too far from me. Thanks chaps. Great bunch of fellas you all are.

I'm Steve.

Well, I remade the valve base pin connections but no luck so I'm going to drop it off to Mike Powell in Bolton.

I'm brian.

Steve, I have a few amps that you are welcome to borrow until you get sorted.

Not too far out of your way if you were able to collect, on your way to see Mike in Bolton.

I'm Steve.

Hi Brian, thanks pal. Luckily.. Mr Firebottle fixed my amp for me this evening. Great to hear your set up Alan..absolutely stunning and thank you for sorting my amp so quickly (and seemingly easily!)

I'm Spartacus.

That was quick! Well done. So what was the problem in the end? I have what looks like an identical problem with my SE Unison Research valve amp and am wondering if this could be easily fixed.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Steve.

It was a dry soldered joint, possibly two, but on the valve base on the adjacent valve. Great to watch someone who knows what they're doing on stuff like this.

I'm Spartacus.

Thanks Steve. Good to know.
    Cheers, Jeff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12