+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lenco gl75 help needed

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Hi I'm at work at the moment. I'll write some thoughts down when I've a whiskey in my hand tonight, relaxing! ��
    Whiskey Mmmm, sounds like a great idea

Regards Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Alan.

I have a ZYX R-100 on my standard Lenco arm, with an extra headshell weight and extra mass on the counterweight and it sounds stunning.

Very very pleased with the synergy of it all.

I'm Brook.

The is a guy over on Lenco Heaven, Brian28 (sometimes on here too), who makes direct replacement arms using the same pillar & weights I think & looks great, at the moment I have a Lyra Helikon Mono on trial on my GL75 & it sounds stunning as well. I am not sure how much better if at all this arm is better than the standard one as I have never compared the two, but it is not an expensive arm in any case.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I have a ZYX R-100 on my standard Lenco arm, with an extra headshell weight and extra mass on the counterweight and it sounds stunning.

Very very pleased with the synergy of it all.
    Hi Alan,
    I heard it and love the sound but cant afford the ZYX R-100 unless theres one out there for a similar price..

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Alan,
    I heard it and love the sound but cant afford the ZYX R-100 unless theres one out there for a similar price..

Steve...
    Steve, I think the point Alan was making, as was I about my arm, is that the standard arm is good enough to bolt a very good expensive cartridge to & still hear clearly what the cartridge is capable of.

I'm Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Alan,

Steve...
    Steve, I think the point Alan was making, as was I about my arm, is that the standard arm is good enough to bolt a very good expensive cartridge to & still hear clearly what the cartridge is capable of.

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post

I'm Steve.

Point was taken thanks
    I heard what the arm was capable of on both Alans and my own system

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    There is a thread somewhere suggesting an Alphason Tonearm has the right geometry for the L75 without butchering the top plate. Shame the one here has gone because at £400, it would have been perfect

A new plinth and a service would go some way to bringing the best from it, but I'd avoid plywood. MU25 or Panzerholz would be a great choice but pricey.

Rexton has extensive knowledge and should be mined for information at every opportunity.
    I have the Alphason tonearm sitting on mine and it sounds stunning but I always had an itch to try one of these. The standard arm is very very good. I would actually suggest you pick up a cheap Shure M55E, rebody it and if possible buy a JICO Neo SAS/S stylus. This works out significantly cheaper than buying a MC and the diamond profile is as near to a cutting lathe as your going to get. The same sort of diamond profiles only occur on the more exotic van dan hul's and Ortofon's costing well into four figures.

There is nothing wrong with plywood, it's my plinth material of choice. Careful fettling of the deck can bring about the supposed improvements of panzerholz and cost you pennies. I don't being "mined for information", I suppose it could be bloody painful if it's done enough times!!!
    It's all very much dependent upon what you want to do with your deck, here's my ongoing journey http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...O-GL75-Project Everything I've done and all my thoughts are documented in that thread but PLEASE contact me if you have any questions or if I can help. Good luck with your journey and I hope it's an enjoyable one.

PS The Whiskey tastes nice!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12