+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: l'art du son cleaning fluid

I'm Graham.

I make 5ltr IPA/BP water and dishwasher rinse aid mixes at a time,it's stored in a cupboard and can last me some 3-4 years,I really couldn't be arsed having to make a mix every time I need to clean a few records and store it in a freezer.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Mike.

As I only infrequently clean records now I keep a mix of about 1/4 litre in the fridge.

I'm Julian.

With Art du Son, as long as you don't have black or grey particles, it isn't biodegrading.

The white particles that you might see after a bit of storage are nothing to worry about.

The manufacturer recommends that you used mixed solution within a few months as it will biodegrade quicker than the concentrate.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Chris.

I always dilute a very small amount which I use up completely, usually 1 ml LAS to 50 ml water. Good for six records or so. One time I left the solution for a couple of days and it started to smell bad.
    TT: none atm; Carts: Benz Micro Ace SL; Phono stage: Nuda dual mono
    Digital: Rotel RCD-965BX, rDAC; Amp: Modwright KWI-200, Speakers: Dynaudio Special 25

I believe IPA can damage 78 records, or is not advised for use with 78 records.

I used Art Du Son for a while with a Moth machine and reckon it led to the demise of that said machine. Because the Art Du Son mixture is not volatile I reckon a residue collected in the machine and led to corrosion and the motor blowing.

I replaced the Moth with the Pro-Ject machine which was half the price and which I personally prefer - it's quieter and just as effective. Additionally, the supplied Pro-Ject "Wash It" solution seems excellent to me.

Cheers

Phil

I'm Brook.

I use L'art Du Son mixed with RO water & tend to do quite a few records over a 2 or 3 day period, so mix 1 litre at a time and haven't had a problem so far. I have read about this residue that some people claim to get if not rinsed off but I haven't found that myself, although once Hoovered & dried off on my VPI I do tend to do it again but this time without agitating the mix to a foam.

I'm Simon.

Anyone noticed its not the same formula that it was when it first came out?
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bishop View Post
    I believe IPA can damage 78 records, or is not advised for use with 78 records.

Phil
    Absolutely correct. I also know a muppet who tried cleaning a valuable acetate recording with IPA. I don't believe he ever made that mistake again..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Barrington.

I have been using the stuff for years without any problems. I suspect not all distilled waters are equal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

I have always used purified water bought at a local pharmacy and have never had any issues.
    TT: none atm; Carts: Benz Micro Ace SL; Phono stage: Nuda dual mono
    Digital: Rotel RCD-965BX, rDAC; Amp: Modwright KWI-200, Speakers: Dynaudio Special 25

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast