+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: l'art du son cleaning fluid

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Yup ! 1:3 ratio here too. The 'mould' problem has only ever been associated with T'Art d.s., to the best of my knowledge.
    That would be true ref mould,especially if using DI water which will have much higher bacterial levels than BP grade.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Just checked my recipe. Not made any for a while. It's 27.5% IPA. Medi grade water and 12ml ilfotol. Plus a splash of fabric conditioner like cover zero or similar without fragrance additives. This helps with antistatic without causing any probs or residue.

Always make a litre at time. I spray it on with a mister after having covered label with a old cd. Fits great under the screw tightened on the moth.
    Then it gets a zero star- ing and into a anti static inner. All records are kept in vinyl sleeves
    I like the idea of using a spray bottle. And covering the label with a CD is also a great notion. My Project has a clamp large enough it covers the label with a foam seal. But my old VPI did not, the CD trick would have worked well.

Russell

montesquieu Guest

I use a mister as well, it's easier to control than runny fluids.

I cover the label with a nice wide record weight which I find I need sometimes on the Loricraft anyway to cope with slight warp wobble.

BTW I checked out my own bottle of L'AdS, sure enough it's full of floaters, less than two years old and stored in a dry dark cupboard. Shocking really. I'm really glad I didn't put it on very many records before I went back to an IPA mix.

I'm Grant.

Ive got an old bottle of cleaner i reused..it has a screen that goes over the spray that really comes out fine and slightly frothy, and allows it to penetrate better. Been looking for another similar type of bottle but not found one.. got it years ago in lidl
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Graham.

I use these for dispensing https://www.amazon.co.uk/DaoRier-Med...ty+wash+bottle it's easy to control the amount of liquid dispensed and has a fine nozzle,so no need for a cd to cover the lable
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Grant.

The noozle. Lol

And with screen

Was a bottle of stain remover if memory serves
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Matt.

For testing water / pre mixed branded or home brew fluids place, several drops on a mirror and let it evaporate - If there is residue / salts / deposits etc it gives you a clue what may be left to lurk in the groove.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post

BTW I checked out my own bottle of L'AdS, sure enough it's full of floaters, less than two years old and stored in a dry dark cupboard. Shocking really. I'm really glad I didn't put it on very many records before I went back to an IPA mix.
    Tom. you'd think that for an expensive and well known brand, the manufacturers would have done something about this, as I now know and have read of so many instances of 'mould' appearing whilst in storage. Was this made up mixture or the concentrate?

Personally, I can't imagine that this fungus (?) can harm records, although using it may require a water rinse afterward. Maybe it can be filtered or shaken out? I've never used it as the very cheap yet effective IPA mix doesn't 'go off' and, to my mind. has the advantage of having a quicker evaporation rate after vacuuming and before sleeving. Furthermore, one can be liberal with it due to its comparative v.f.m. aspect.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Tom. you'd think that for an expensive and well known brand, the manufacturers would have done something about this, as I now know and have read of so many instances of 'mould' appearing whilst in storage. Was this made up mixture or the concentrate?

Personally, I can't imagine that this fungus (?) can harm records, although using it may require a water rinse afterward. Maybe it can be filtered or shaken out? I've never used it as the very cheap yet effective IPA mix doesn't 'go off' and, to my mind. has the advantage of having a quicker evaporation rate after vacuuming and before sleeving. Furthermore, one can be liberal with it due to its comparative v.f.m. aspect.
    This was the concentrate. Pretty much the same as pictured earlier in the thread with floaters in it. I only used one measure of it to make up a single bottle of usable cleaner, I didn’t like it as I considered it left a residue. I then went back to my old IPA mix and the concentrate bottle sat around ever since. I certainly can’t imagine using it now I mean who would wilfully spread fungus on their records?

I'm Slav.

I've checked L'art purchase date - 25/06/2017 - not even a year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast