+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: l'art du son cleaning fluid

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    "It lives!"
    Barry

I'm Russell.

It all sounds very troublesome to me. A foamy record wash that needs rinsing, and may grow alien life forms in it? Finding many rare ingredients to make my own wash? Or distilling rinse water? I just buy a bottle of MoFi Super Record Wash, and it lasts and lasts. I’ve had the same bottle for about 3 years now, so at $25 a bottle, it is certainly not breaking the bank, and I have no complaints about it’s effectiveness.

Russell

I'm Slav.

I've been using The Right One recently and it is very good , I'm afraid UK sourced only , wasn't very keen on MoFi stuff - on greasy records I had problem to work it into the grooves.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    I'm an even bigger cheapskate. I use tap water and have done for 10 years or more, I never noticed any difference when I swapped over from the purified stuff (except in my wallet).

The water here abouts is quite soft though.
    I used to look after the pure water systems at Dialysis clinics around Cardiff,there were 3 at the Hospital and 3-4 within about 5 miles,the water wasn't very soft and had very high bacterial and organic levels.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post
    I used to look after the pure water systems at Dialysis clinics around Cardiff,there were 3 at the Hospital and 3-4 within about 5 miles,the water wasn't very soft and had very high bacterial and organic levels.
    In defense of my wallet

our latest kettle of two years still looks shiny on the inside.

I mix my cleaning solution 20% IPA, 80% water and 3 drops of Triton X100 in 5 litre batches stored in a translucent plastic container. it can take me 18 months/ 2 years to work through that and I've never seen any mould or discolouration.

I admit that this might not be acceptable for some, but it works for me.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    In defense of my wallet

our latest kettle of two years still looks shiny on the inside.

I mix my cleaning solution 20% IPA, 80% water and 3 drops of Triton X100 in 5 litre batches stored in a translucent plastic container. it can take me 18 months/ 2 years to work through that and I've never seen any mould or discolouration.

I admit that this might not be acceptable for some, but it works for me.
    With 20% IPA,any living micro organism's will have been wiped out,however the residue leftover will still be in the water,still as you say,whatever works for you.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Grant.

i use 25% ipa. also add a little more wetting agent than they say too. works better
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Graham.

I use two mixes mainly 25% IPA,but if a disc is still noisy I use a 33% mix if this doesn't work I bin it.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Mike.

Yup ! 1:3 ratio here too. The 'mould' problem has only ever been associated with T'Art d.s., to the best of my knowledge.

I'm Grant.

Default l'art du son cleaning fluid

Just checked my recipe. Not made any for a while. It's 27.5% IPA. Medi grade water and 12ml ilfotol. Plus a splash of fabric conditioner like cover zero or similar without fragrance additives. This helps with antistatic without causing any probs or residue.

Always make a litre at time. I spray it on with a mister after having covered label with a old cd. Fits great under the screw tightened on the moth.
    Then it gets a zero star- ing and into a anti static inner. All records are kept in vinyl sleeves
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast