+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setting up my raspberry pi3

I'm Colin.

Set it up again connected usb with some music on it and it now says settings wrong when I open webui. Does not want to connect at all. Just to clarify used iPad this morning and was fine when connected to router but now no longer visible

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Did you set up up the wireless LAN while the Pi was connected to the router?
    If you didn't, you need to.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Colin.

I need to do some more research then. I will try tonight when I get back. Thanks Chris

I'm Colin.

Attempted to resolve this today but as my router is connected in a “ restricted location” I can’t access it easily and I need another usb to connect my laptop. As it’s not intended for here I will connect at my flat. which is probably better as that’s where it’s intended for. Impatience is getting the better of me!

But thanks for input
    Colin

I'm Colin.

I have been reading up on the pi and not sure if it’s helped as there is so much stuff out there. Anyway keeping it simple to use the pi as a server hooked up to a hard drive do I need to download noobs onto the sd card first. I have followed Volumio instructions but no reading raspberry instructions I think I have missed a step. But now able to connect to router and will have another attempt tonight.
    Any guidance appreciated.

Colin

I'm Dazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    I have been reading up on the pi and not sure if it’s helped as there is so much stuff out there. Anyway keeping it simple to use the pi as a server hooked up to a hard drive do I need to download noobs onto the sd card first. I have followed Volumio instructions but no reading raspberry instructions I think I have missed a step. But now able to connect to router and will have another attempt tonight.
    Any guidance appreciated.

Colin
    Noobs is not required. Just download the Volumio image and put that on an SDcard.

The instructions are below the download link further down this page https://volumio.org/get-started/

I'm Colin.

Well finally got other stuff out way,got speakers and a hard drive and once I had it sussed it all seems so simple,
    Currently using iPad to control with es labs tripath amp which now I have it up and running is a stonking bit of kit.
    Acquired a set of stands @nd some incredibly good Polk S15 picked up new for £139. The whole thing sounds amazoping really impressed with speakers what a bargain.

Thanks for all input appreciated

Colin
    Last edited by Colin2040; 08-05-2018 at 20:59.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123