+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting up my raspberry pi3

I'm Colin.

That’s what I thought but had to ask
    Thanks Chris.
    I will attempt more tomorrow.

I'm inactive.

According to Volumio doc, you should be able to set up your Pi3 without an ethernet cable thus:

"VOLUMIO HOTSPOT
    If your device has wireless capabilities (and a supported Wireless card) Volumio will create a Wireless Network called Volumio, the default password is volumio2
    The Hotspot mode will allow you to connect to your Wireless Network without the need for a wired connection, just connect to Volumio Hotspot and configure your network on network options
    Once your Wireless network has been configured, the Hotspot will no longer be visible
    If, for whatever reason, your configured Wireless network is not available, Volumio will automatically re-enable the Hotspot
    You can change the Hotspot options in the Network options, such as its name, password and channel (useful if you experience poor Hotspot performances)
    Once in Hotspot Mode, Volumio can be reached with IP 192.168.211.1 or via http://volumio.local as usual"

https://volumio.github.io/docs/User_...ck_Start_Guide

(No idea whether this works though...)

I'm Colin.

I have tried this but to no avail. Nowhere can I see that it needs connected to router but whilst following Volumio instructions it did make me think about setting up a nas and it usually is best done conn3cting to router. Will attempt tomorrow

I'm Colin.

And there seems to be an issue using Volumio local

I'm Bill.

I had a similar problem when I set mine up recently. Assuming you have done everything correctly and you still can't connect to Volumio with it's IP address or Volumio.local, I'd suggest you delete the image from the SD card and re-flash.

I did this and problem solved.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Dazz.

edit: deleted, I had the wrong idea what was happening... sorry
    Last edited by garrard; 09-04-2018 at 01:21.

I'm Dazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    When I open app it aks for IP address which I have provided but then asks for port .The unit has 4 usb connectors so have they port numbers?

No, the port number it is talking about is the port of the ip address. a full internet address is aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:<port number>. For example web traffic is commonly on port 80. Other protocols/communications may be on one of the many other port addresses.

I thought the Volumio app would search the local network automatically and didn't need you to tell it the address. Mine does on Android.

You need to plug you Pi into your network so the app can find it. Either use a cable, or the initially connect with the wifi hotspot as someone else suggested, then switch it over to your local network wifi.

I'm Dazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Just to clarify I attach the raspberry pi3 to the router I assume that using my iPad I can connect wirelessly to do the rest? Sorry but I like to be clear,

Thanks

Colin
    Yes. Once your Pi is on your local network, the Volumio app can talk to it (provided your iPad is on the same local network).

I'm Colin.

That’s great thanks. Once I have finished my chores list this morning I will hopefully resolve the issue. But as spring is finally here I will paint my fascia in case winter returns

Colin

I'm Colin.

all now seems well. Only issue I had was when I attach my hard drive it couldn't see any music. That was because none had copied over! Issue with being set up on pc and now using mac for music. Anyway time for a new one. So any recommendations for hard drives welcomed.Normally I get Lacie but open to latest ideas.
    Currently copying some stuff onto usb to give it a try.
    Thanks for help

Colin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast