+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WANTED: M6 Threaded Rubber Feet x 8

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default WANTED: M6 Threaded Rubber Feet x 8

I've decided to use rubber feet on the plinths we are making for the Maggies rather than spikes

Does anyone have any they no longer use? I'll need 8, M6 threaded, thread length 18mm 'ish

Thanks for any help
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

There's loads of rubber feet on Ebay, here's just one example. You just need some M6 bolts then, again Ebay if you don't already have them.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-40pcs-....c100505.m3226

I need them similar to these, I know I can buy them but just wondering if anyone had any they don't need anymore that I could purchase from them. Thanks for looking

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Now sorted with these:

They are made by FIBET and use natural rubber which is what I was looking for and can take about 80kg compression load

I am pretty sure they will outperform many so called 'hifi specific' feet for a lot less money
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Hi,

I'm wondering why you are going with feet at all.

With Maggies, the speakers are "grounded" through metal brackets that bolt to the panels. The problem with the design is that the metal stands are not very stable and allow the speakers to rock, even on relatively flat floors.

Some replacement stands address this by bracing the panels at the top or close to the top. This works, but these designs are expensive (at least here in the UK).

I addressed the problem in a different way. That is by making a heavy MDF plinth with a footprint of 50cm by 55cm. Made out of 18mm mdf, the plinth also raises the Maggies by 24 cm which I have found improves performance. I have bolted my Maggies (1.7s) to this plinth which has eliminated any rocking or instablity. The large footprint and weight of the plinth means that it is completely stable, even on a carpet with underlay.

I understand, that you are not going for a raised plinth, but I would be tempted to try the speakers without feet first (so to speak).

Geoff

I'm Dennis.

A large area platform made of MDF seems sensible to me.

I'm Lee.

These'll be stable. Bet they are audio grade concrete blocks.

Cheers Lee

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by lilolee View Post
    These'll be stable. Bet they are audio grade concrete blocks.

.. and they say Maggies are not suited to rock!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    A large area platform made of MDF seems sensible to me.
    By way of illustration .....

Plinth.jpgMaggies on Plinth.jpg

I think this would still work better than adding feet even with a single layer plinth! I did consider feet myself, but that was in the context of a triangular plinth design with the apex to the rear of the speaker. That would have had only 3 feet though!

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread