Over the last year or so, I have been trying to discover exactly what digital ( initially just plain CD ) is capable of, this was driven partly by curiosity ( to discover whether digital could get near vinyl ) and partly because as a 'dealer/distributor ' I wanted to find some exceptional products at different price points that I could sell. I have and continue to listen to as many players /dacs here at home as I can lay my hands on, at this moment I feel that while there isn't a huge difference between players/dacs there is enough ,and that a really good DAC CDP can really make you wan to listen to CD.
I am interested to hear your experiences of players at different price points, and especially if you have heard something really exceptional, here are some of the players I have listened to in no particular order, Meridian 507 588 808, MF Nuvista, Naim 555, Audio Note UK transport and Dac5 ( expensive any way ) Audio research CD7 DCS Scarlatti DCS Verona elgar plus ( old reference system ) Tascam cd pro ,ACK DAc, MSB Platinum Lavry 924 Beresforsd AMR cd77 Nagra Consonance something or other Pink Triangle Da Capo , current favourites are the Lavry MSB and my new Stahl -Tek, ( shoot out coming up ) .
I really would be interested to hear your thoughts , Keith.