+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dowsing

I'm Anto.

Default Dowsing

Have any of you peeps ever had a go at dowsing for water / drains etc?
    I have had a go at trying to find field drains over my time . This usually consists of 2 bent pieces of wire ,either copper or steel , and odd times I have used a biro outer as a pivot for the wires to move in , without resistance !!

Never worked for me ! The idea is you estimate the general direction in which your predesessors laid the drain runs then cross over them with the wires pointing out in front of you , and as you cross the line ,they will swing together !!
    Until the other week . Had a really wet place in a field for a few yrs and worked out there must be a system of some sort there with a blocked outlet .
    My digger man mate waited while I got 2 new pieces of brass braising rod and bent them at 90 degrees . I just put them through my hands ,but this time I put my little fingers on the other side to my other 3 fingers .
    I crossed a drain I knew was there and the wires crossed too. So over to the wet spot and try again and they crossed in one of the really wet places
    I repeated several times and they crossed each time . The hairs went up on the back of my neck too!!

Dug down and dropped straight on an old horseshoe clay tile drain . Pulled it out and it was full of sand . Yanked another 5 or 6 out and then had the drain rods up her and the jobs a goodun !!
    Water coming nicely so replaced the ones to the ditch and smiles all round !!

I might treat myself to a bit of hazel , or Wishbone Ash
    Last edited by Oddball; 08-04-2018 at 19:35.
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Simon.

Any chance you can help me find that fiver i lost last week.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Martin.

I used to know a bloke who could do it. He went on the James Randi show and beat Randi's test. He was the only person they had on in the whole run of the show who could actually do what he claimed to be able to do. Randi had no explanation for it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes I've used it at work to find buried services. Works for me, no idea how though!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Any chance you can help me find that fiver i lost last week.
    Ive spent it

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've seen it work. My new neighbours were looking for the outside water stopcock. I knew where it was and where the water pipe ran, but was interested to see if the dowser could find it (if he couldn't, I could help my neighbours find it as I knew where it was) - but he did: the rods 'crossed' as he stepped over the buried water pipe.

Don't ask me to explain how it is done - I can't, and it annoys me. I'm a scientist and like to think there is a rational explanation for most things.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I don't believe in it. It's just chance or an educated guess as far as I'm concerned.

I'm Deleted.

What made you decide to start this thread (very bizarre)?
    Account Deleted

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Maybe because it's an interesting topic?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I am a bizarre person Mark Its just something that really gave me a buzz ,when I realised it worked !!! And thats because people maintain that its the energy in the ley line that reacts with the energy in YOU , that causes the reaction !!
    And I was bored this afternoon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast