+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dowsing

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't believe in it. It's just chance or an educated guess as far as I'm concerned.
    If I had found a Tannoy you'd have been a believer !!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm openingabottleofwine.

As it is, you've found a buried pot of gold, so can afford to buy some Tannoys for yourself.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    If I had found a Tannoy you'd have been a believer !!
    Nope. I have other ways of finding Tannoys anyway!

I'm Anto.

Ha ha , Touche !!
    On an aside , my old milking machine man , told me his father was a proper dowser ,old school.
    All the locals in the early twenties used to get him to come and dowse for a suitable place for a well! He would take his Hazel stick and pronounce to dig there , and how deep too!!
    One person dug down and found water . He thought the well would be too shallow ,so proceeded to make it deeper !
    The water dissappeared
    They asked him what had happened and he duely scolded them but redowsed and instructed then to go down a further ten feet or whatever !
    They found a good supply again !!

Underground streams and different strata , and all that
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

My grandad used a dowser to find a suitable place for a well in France before I was born. I've seen the well and could have guessed water was likely to be there, it was at the bottom of a hill almost in a valley formed with another nearby hill and I know there's shale there and a spring a few hundred yards away. Simple.

I'm joe.

I'm no good at dowsing. but getting better at drowsing.

I'm Dave.

One of our neighbours does dowsing and used it to find a couple of long forgotten pipes joining a couple of our ponds and one from a drain. He just used the rods as a tool, not claiming any mystic powers.

I'm Martin.

The bloke I knew did not use rods, just a little weight on the end of a bit of string. You could ask it yes or no questions and it would revolve clockwise for 'yes' and anti-clockwise for 'no'

On the Randi show he was given an OS map with all the legends removed and divided into an 8 by 8 grid and he had to pick the grid that had an ancient monument in it. He had no problem.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

I’ve used the two bend rods method, and it works for me. I have no idea why. I suspected it has something to do with the moving water in the pipe creating a current? But, the pipe doesn’t need to have water in it, or it could be stopped up? And it can be plastic pipe, so, I’m at a loss. But I’ve used it several times over the years with worthwhile results.

A similar observation, I’ve noticed that the weather reacts to the river. Rain and snow coming across the map, will change direction when it reaches the river, not far from where I live. It will snow on one side, but not the other, rain too. I suspect the moving water creates some kind of airborne electrical currents?

Russell

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

All sounds very spooky to me...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12