+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dowsing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Anto.

Default Dowsing

Have any of you peeps ever had a go at dowsing for water / drains etc?
    I have had a go at trying to find field drains over my time . This usually consists of 2 bent pieces of wire ,either copper or steel , and odd times I have used a biro outer as a pivot for the wires to move in , without resistance !!

Never worked for me ! The idea is you estimate the general direction in which your predesessors laid the drain runs then cross over them with the wires pointing out in front of you , and as you cross the line ,they will swing together !!
    Until the other week . Had a really wet place in a field for a few yrs and worked out there must be a system of some sort there with a blocked outlet .
    My digger man mate waited while I got 2 new pieces of brass braising rod and bent them at 90 degrees . I just put them through my hands ,but this time I put my little fingers on the other side to my other 3 fingers .
    I crossed a drain I knew was there and the wires crossed too. So over to the wet spot and try again and they crossed in one of the really wet places
    I repeated several times and they crossed each time . The hairs went up on the back of my neck too!!

Dug down and dropped straight on an old horseshoe clay tile drain . Pulled it out and it was full of sand . Yanked another 5 or 6 out and then had the drain rods up her and the jobs a goodun !!
    Water coming nicely so replaced the ones to the ditch and smiles all round !!

I might treat myself to a bit of hazel , or Wishbone Ash
    Last edited by Oddball; 08-04-2018 at 19:35.
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread