+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Second time lucky....

I'm Neil.

Welcome back Mark
    Regards Neil

System 1 (Living Room) : AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Marantz CD7 CD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi Audio i power, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Nakamichi CR5e tape deck, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Atlas Mavros, Audience AU24, Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

System 2 (Music Room) : Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi Audio i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Audience AU24, XLO Type6. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

I'm Rob.

Welcome back Mark. Look forward to seeing you get stuck in again.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

I'm Josie.

Welcome back, Mark.

Great to see you back with us. You have been missed.

I'm Chris.

We are stardust? Not the only one who can 'channel' our inner Joni -or Yoni?
    It's all vibrations.
    You tell me about your country-there's really no such place for me.
    The whole world is one big family.

Identify THAT.....
    Chris.

I'm inconspicuous.

Hello Mark

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi guys & girls (because I hope there are some ), apologies for my absence...
    I think it might have been the first time in my life I didn't have anything to add
    For years now I guess I haven't exactly been stuck in any kind of rut, but I have been very happy with what I have kind of thing, I have had no reason to change anything...
    I still get a massive buzz when I turn up the HiFi & find myself grinning & saying to myself that this is unbelievable
    It's like that right now.... It's why I have been lazy in a way.
    New music & hearing things that blow my mind & in a crazy way make me feel glad that I'm alive & can hear this!
    In certain ways I guess I feel blessed
    Nothing has really changed since I was last here, equipment wise... I'm still getting used to what I have & I'm very happy. However, I seem to be getting stuck in to doing things & right now I have a motorbike in my kitchen that is getting worked on... I aim to have a lot of fun on it later this year....
    Once that is out of the way I'm going to build what I class as the "final speakers"... Ones that I won't replace because they'll make these ones I'm listening to sound anemic...
    At times I listen to things loud... I have no idea what SPL loud is that I listen to, but I reckon 100DB+ to be very loud indeed & the grin factor of a HiFi is when you make it that loud & there is little if any distortion.
    So I'm going to share this with you, when I build the new speakers
    Because I know I'll never find the limit of what they can do I guess I'll keep on smiling....

Hope you're all well Not posted on any forum in years so it'll take time for me to get used to this again...
    Enjoy the music!!!!
    Mark.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Geoff.

As long as you're happy Mark. That's all that matters.

I'll be interested in your speaker project when you get stuck in.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Look forward to the speaker build mate, be like old times. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Rich.

Hello again. Welcome back!
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Was this just a quick 'hello' though, before another 'cheerio'?

Hopefully not, but I've witnessed these rather disappointing 'false dawns' before from returning members, who haven't been around for a while... Come on matey, are you back or not?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast