+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted : Musical Fidelity A3 Integrated Amplifier

I'm Paul.

Default Wanted : Musical Fidelity A3 Integrated Amplifier

Hi,

Looking for a Musical Fidelity A3 Integrated Amplifier, cash waiting...

Can collect from some places (I’m in Stratford London but can travel) or posted..

Please get in touch.

Thanks

Paul

I'm Paul.

Bump

I'm Geoff.

I had the A3Cr pre and power combo (bought in 2001). It was very well put together and quite powerful. I used it to drive a pair of MG12 speakers.

I am not sure what you are expecting to pay for the integrated A3 amp but I would be looking at something different nearly 20 years on. IIRC the pre/power combo was quite a bit more powerful than the integrated but it was not the most dynamic or detailed of designs.

I would say the pre-amp section was the stronger part of the set up. I know it weighed a lot.

Geoff

I'm Paul.

Hi Geoff...

I used to own the X-A1 and loved Musical Fidelity....

I’m not going to give my hand away on price (sorry if that’s not usual in these forum but I’m used to eBay where stuff can go far too high!), but don’t let that put anyone off, please get in touch!

I would like to eventually get the A3cr Power section to drive a pair of Dynaudio Audience 72 se speakers.

I like all these components and I like the prices they go for I can’t afford to buy new so I’m pitching where my knowledge is and where I know I can put together a great sounding balanced system...

Eventually I want a Musical Fidelity M3Si - M6Si but will be satisfied with the A3 until I can afford such...

Cheers!!

Paul

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by hand of ike View Post
    Hi Geoff...

I’m not going to give my hand away on price (sorry if that’s not usual in these forum but I’m used to eBay where stuff can go far too high!), but don’t let that put anyone off, please get in touch!

I would like to eventually get the A3cr Power section to drive a pair of Dynaudio Audience 72 se speakers.

I like all these components and I like the prices they go for I can’t afford to buy new so I’m pitching where my knowledge is and where I know I can put together a great sounding balanced system...

Eventually I want a Musical Fidelity M3Si - M6Si but will be satisfied with the A3 until I can afford such...

Cheers!!

Paul
    Hi Paul, I sold a pair of Dynaudio Audience 72s last week to a fellow member on here and he is using a Beringer A500 PA (£150) and Beresford Dac (£100) for the preamp and my God what a sound from those speakers in his system, absolutely amazing.

Tony

I'm Geoff.

Hi Geoff...

Cheers!!

Paul
    I'm guessing you might have to pay £400 for a decent pre-owned A3 integrated. The MF sound is very smooth and I can understand why it appeals. Just saying that I would be looking for something a bit more detailed and dynamic now. I have not heard this, but I have the bigger brother, the STA-9.

http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/product/...v=7516fd43adaa

If this is anything like its bigger brother you will not be disappointed. Paired with a decent dac/preamp it might be what you are looking for: the smoothness of an MF but with more detail and dynamics. Later on, you might look to get a second and run them as monoblocks.

Geoff

I'm Paul.

I will look into all those, thanks!

I don’t have the 72se’s yet (on my radar) I have the Audience 50’s... I love the 50’s but it seems the 72se’s are special - can I ask how much you sold them for?

I’m looking to spend between £300 and £350 on an A3 they go on eBay around £340 on average...

Would love to hear from someone wanting to sell!

Paul

I'm Tony.

Hi Paul, mine were just the plain old 72s not SEs and I sold them for £320 including £20 for fuel to deliver them. They were in good condition not perfect but okay.

I thought they sounded great in my house and in my system but in the new owner's system they were in a different league from what I'd heard previously.

The SE's will probably be even better but I do think that they need power and lots of it, I only have a cheap Chinese SS amp and about 50 w/pc.

I'm Paul.

Not a bad price.... I’m hoping to spend between £350 and £400 on the se’s....

My 50’s sounded fantastic with my X-A1 before I sold it...

Cheers!

I'm Lawrence.

Not a bad price.... I’m hoping to spend between £350 and £400 on the se’s....

My 50’s sounded fantastic with my X-A1 before I sold it...

Cheers!
    You'll be lucky to get them for that, I thought they went for nearer contour prices having much in common with that range.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast