+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salami recommendations

I'm guy.

Default Salami recommendations

Just want to share a recent find (and there is a cheese thread, so why not Salami):

"Suffolk Salami Co"
    01379 384593

based in Brundish, Suffolk

Make a very good salami with red wine and peppercorns. I have been enjoying it with a bit of Compte or Ossau-Iraty, Carrs table water and glass of red.
    Nice to find a UK manufacturer.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Mark.

Sounds good, I'll give it a go if I see it. Only buy Milano or German pepper coated normally. Naughty but nice!

I'm Martin.

I will be watching this thread as I dint know much about the best Salami. I bought one a while ago and it was disgusting....dry and very little taste of anything to it...dried my tounge out and felt like a dangerously raw health risk...awful

Not bone dry..... that sort of salami dry and it just tasted of inspid raw meat padded out with something and no flavour I could determine...heck knows what was in it..it tasted like the cheapest hardened sausage meat just off raw. Im after a rich beefy taste with extra spices

I like those Sololow chicken breast sausages but I wouldnt know which Salami to buy from the deli counter.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 07-04-2018 at 21:45.

I'm Alex.

I was given a large Polish salami a while back, couldn't eat it, didn't like it. (and I'm half Polish!) Have bought salami from Lidl, quite acceptable to me, not the very best of course, but a very good price. This was their large whole salami, not sliced packets, which seem to be generally over priced.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

never was a salami fan. Not very healthy either. up here, every pizza is slabbered in it and cheese.. no wonder we are a nation of fatties.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Ghastly stuff!

I'm Alex.

Kosher Salami should be of a quality, it will be made with beef. Available in a lot of supermarkets, but I must admit, I've not bought one in decades.
    Spendorman

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    never was a salami fan. Not very healthy either. up here, every pizza is slabbered in it and cheese.. no wonder we are a nation of fatties.
    Fair enough, for some.

A few years ago I was told my cholesterol was rather high (Doctor effectively told me that life isn't fair - my weight was fine for my height, and he had seen mw cycling around he village, just see people have a greater propensity to "collect" cholesterol).

So, rather than cut out cheese and charcuterie, I decided to buy good quality and eat less.

Well worth giving Suffolk salami a go - they sell online. If anyone could recommend a brand of wild boar salami or other UK produced charcuterie please post here.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Alex.

I think it was Michael Van Stratten that normally recommended healthy eating that said something like;

"if you eat healthy food all the time you will die of boredom."

Just to illustrate the point, here is my Mum at nearly 103 years, mainly fed healthy food, but with occasional treats!

sept-2013.jpg
    Last edited by spendorman; 08-04-2018 at 08:46.
    Spendorman

I'm Deleted.

Am off to visit my mum today (she’s 92).

One of my favourite salamis is with fennel.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast