+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redex - whats your experience?

I'm Gary.

Default Redex - whats your experience?

Put a dose of this when filling up last week and engines smoother at idle and a bit free-er when putting the foot down.
    Fill up with V-Power which has cleaning agents but even then, this stuff improved things.

Your experience?
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes the same. Saw it used on an older car on Top Gear, that measured hp before and after, added about 20hp I think, so it does work. Tempted to try a Terraclean.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Put a dose of this when filling up last week and engines smoother at idle and a bit free-er when putting the foot down.
    Fill up with V-Power which has cleaning agents but even then, this stuff improved things.

Your experience?
    I believe this contains Ethanol, isn't this what causes the fuel to burn slightly better because of energy density being less?
    Depends on the age of the car, with some manufacturers it might invalidate the warranty.
    Otherwise it's just Foo for cars.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Not really, there was a measured increase in horsepower in that segment of TG.

Mostly I suspect from the Redex cleaning the injectors.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ian.

On an older engine take the sparkplugs out, tip in a teaspoon of Redex, put the plugs back in, leave overnight. When you start the engine it will smoke a lot at first but quickly clear. Makes a big improvement as this frees up gummed piston rings and softens carbon build up. In the fuel it cleans fuel lines and injectors and carburettors, if you still have one lol.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    and carburettors, if you still have one lol.
    I've still got one. I took it off one of my modified cars about thirty years ago and it's hung on my garage wall since!

(it's a Japanese Hitachi made 'flat top' SU HS4 carb from a Datsun 260Z, I had it on a tuned Mini)

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    On an older engine take the sparkplugs out, tip in a teaspoon of Redex, put the plugs back in, leave overnight.

You're obviously old-school Ian. Haven't heard that tip for donkey's years.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    You're obviously old-school Ian. Haven't heard that tip for donkey's years.
    I am mate, I was always getting my hands dirty on the old nuggets I used to own. I had and still have a soft spot for 2 stroke engines, Redex was brilliant for de-coking them. God I miss my old Yam RDs.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Gary.

Thanks guys, glad its not just me thsts noticed it.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Otherwise it's just Foo for cars.
    I wouldn't call it foo. It's based on sound science, and it doesn't need a fertile imagination to observe the results.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast