+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Good analog and good digital converge?

I'm Grant.

But but but. Lol.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

...and...Relax.

whens Brian coming over, the buggers not said!
    have hifi n stuff

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    No...not so much.
    Wasn’t being confrontstional, but some of us music lovers have actually got there?
    It's a combination of ridding one's self of OCD upgraditis, getting mostly there and stopping chasing the dragon .
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + OL Encounter mkIII + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Fanless i5 Skylake ASUS H110T Windows file server with HDPLEX LPS / Allo USBridge into Ciunas Audio ISO-DAC & Pi/DigiOne into Metrum Musette
    Preamp John Chapman's Slagleformer-based AVC-1
    Power Amp Temple Audio Monoblocks with Supercap LPS
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti One

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    It's a combination of ridding one's self of OCD upgraditis, getting mostly there and stopping chasing the dragon .
    This.
    have hifi n stuff

I'm Grant.

...and...Relax.

whens Brian coming over, the buggers not said!
    NO idea Gary

As long as your happy. Sure u didn't do it as a flight of fancy
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Martin I think your theory of what makes analogue music sound pleasant is just your theory. The elephant In the room you always ignore is simply analogue music sounds better because the ear has evolved to listen this way and not to reconstructed mathematical square waves.
    But when the vinyl is cut it goes through a digital/analogue convertor? And if the recording was made on a digital recorder to begin with? The analohue purity is ruined before it even gets to you.

Now if we talk recordings and records cut completely pre digital (and even pre-solid state) then yes, I agree they have something a 'perfect' digital recording does not have. But we are well into the realms of subjectivism and in operational terms, multiple possibilities of cause there. Maybe that is the proof of the analogue purity theory. I'm guessing not, I may be wrong.

But if you want to be truly purist analogue it is reel to reel you want, not vinyl
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    NO idea Gary
    As long as your happy. Sure u didn't do it as a flight of fancy
    Fair point fella.
    Its ALL a flight of fancy, depending on your current pov.

Naa..
    fed up being on the roundabout...too many years...go nuclear and do it right, only have to do it once.
    Stings at the time, but only do it once.

Did my research, not a drop wasted...trust me.
    have hifi n stuff

I'm Clive.

I wonder how much vinyl played is modern digital sourced. For myself not much of it is. Might as well buy the CD and rip it. Some of my issues with modern vinyl though is much to do with modern recording techniques.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + OL Encounter mkIII + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Fanless i5 Skylake ASUS H110T Windows file server with HDPLEX LPS / Allo USBridge into Ciunas Audio ISO-DAC & Pi/DigiOne into Metrum Musette
    Preamp John Chapman's Slagleformer-based AVC-1
    Power Amp Temple Audio Monoblocks with Supercap LPS
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti One

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    But when the vinyl is cut it goes through a digital/analogue convertor? And if the recording was made on a digital recorder to begin with? The analohue purity is ruined before it even gets to you.

Now if we talk recordings and records cut completely pre digital (and even pre-solid state) then yes, I agree they have something a 'perfect' digital recording does not have. But we are well into the realms of subjectivism and in operational terms, multiple possibilities of cause there. Maybe that is the proof of the analogue purity theory. I'm guessing not, I may be wrong.

But if you want to be truly purist analogue it is reel to reel you want, not vinyl
    A perspective?

Turn up at a mates gaffe slightly worse for wear after a night out and He has a good hifi system.
    A GOOD hifi system?
    In our terms...I say enjoy!

* What if a random stranger has a meticulously preserved (shitty format) cassette collection...and a mint condition Nakamichi Dragon?
    * Another random stranger might have a 301?...another a Gyro?

Only thing that matters (I fink) is wot hits our ears “in the context we hear it”?
    Absolute quality will always triumph, always, but we all remember that...special...night where the Music was magic.

Hifi..who cares!!
    have hifi n stuff

I'm Grant.

Fair point fella.
    Its ALL a flight of fancy, depending on your current pov.

Naa..
    fed up being on the roundabout...too many years...go nuclear and do it right, only have to do it once.
    Stings at the time, but only do it once.

Did my research, not a drop wasted...trust me.
    must be great to kick the transporter to hell lol
    Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast