+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Good analog and good digital converge?

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Stands to reason. Ears are analogue devices.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Dennis.

Yes, and the measurements of their foibles show that they are far more corrupting of the signal than other analogue devices, and hence I would argue much more dominant in changing the sound..

I do agree though that certain aspects of Digital have a profound affect on the final outcome of the sound that we hear, ie; the "DAC, and Clocking" play a major role!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.

I'm Martin.

I think Dennis was talking about 'speakers.

Whether it is analogue or digital, it all comes down to a continuously varying voltage moving drivers and then moving air. Even a 'digital' signal is just a continuously varying voltage, exactly the same as the 'analogue' signal is. We actually listen to electricity, not 'music'. The only real way to hear music is at a live, unamplified performance. Or singing in the shower.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The only real way to hear music is at a live, unamplified performance. Or singing in the shower.
    I can assure you that my singing in the shower is not 'musical' in any generally understood sense of the word.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I can assure you that my singing in the shower is not 'musical' in any generally understood sense of the word.
    You need more practice then. I sound like I'm channelling the ghost of Sinatra himself
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You need more practice then. I sound like I'm channelling the ghost of Sinatra himself
    Nikola Tesla

I'm Dennis.

Yes sorry, I was talking about speakers, and I am also amazed at what they do; bits of plastic rubber, metal, and wood producing even a semblance of the musical performance,

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Yes sorry, I was talking about speakers, and I am also amazed at what they do; bits of plastic rubber, metal, and wood producing even a semblance of the musical performance,
    I think the same about vinyl replay - a small piece of gemstone dragged through a 'wiggly' furrow in a piece of plastic. I'm amazed it sounds as good as it does.
    Barry

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think the same about vinyl replay - a small piece of gemstone dragged through a 'wiggly' furrow in a piece of plastic. I'm amazed it sounds as good as it does.
    Yes, all bets would be that such tiny rock glued onto some dinky metal tube whose posterior end is wiggling inside the body of a cartridge cannot possibly produce anything other than some maddening screeching noise. And yet, it can somehow generate the most liquid, smooth and elegant musical sound. How's that possible? I don't think anyone really knows. If someone knew, they would be able to design a sophisticated robotic hand that would manipulate the cantilever, yanking it at various frequencies left, right, up, down, and generate all those amazing reproductions of an orchestra playing in a concert hall. So you wouldn't need vinyl grooves spinning at 33 rpm... Can such robotic hand be designed? I doubt it.

Mysteries of the universe...
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast