+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Good analog and good digital converge?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The TLC and DIP are jitter busters. Some will tell you they are not necessary with modern players and DAC's, but if you try them, they still make a difference.
    Ok.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Define 'better'.
    Analogue,

Wider and deeper soundstage. Coherent and fluid sound. Realism to vocals and instruments and the music fills the room. Nylon string guitars display harmonic nuances.

Digital - CD

Thinner, grainy sound. Sharp leading edges and less fluidity. Smaller soundstage.

Hi-Res files,

Somewhere in between the Vinyl and CD.

I definitely prefer HiRes files over CD.

I'm Grant.

Of course cd's dont do this....

Lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Analogue,

Wider and deeper soundstage. Coherent and fluid sound. Realism to vocals and instruments and the music fills the room. Nylon string guitars display harmonic nuances.

Digital - CD

Thinner, grainy sound. Sharp leading edges and less fluidity. Smaller soundstage.

Hi-Res files,

Somewhere in between the Vinyl and CD.

I definitely prefer HiRes files over CD.
    In a nutshell mate!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Recently had a revox reel to reel in for repair, once completed, I did some recordings from a CD player direct onto tape, and I have to say; the tape version was way more satisfying to listen to than the original on CD!
    I think where digital is concerned, there are elements in the final playback that our ear/brain find difficult/Fatiguing to make sense of, hence we get tired and iritable without realy knowing why.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Wider and deeper soundstage. Coherent and fluid sound. Realism to vocals and instruments and the music fills the room. Nylon string guitars display harmonic nuances
    But I have that from CD (and records ).

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Recently had a revox reel to reel in for repair, once completed, I did some recordings from a CD player direct onto tape, and I have to say; the tape version was way more satisfying to listen to than the original on CD!
    Something to do with the preamplifier section in the Revox?

I'm James.

I think where digital is concerned, there are elements in the final playback that our ear/brain find difficult/Fatiguing to make sense of, hence we get tired and iritable without realy knowing why.
    A few of us have heard Alan T R2R playing recorded CD material and found exactly the same?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    But I have that from CD (and records ).
    Well I haven't. I'm not even sure if digital can replicate the organic sound of analogue. I'm happy to try though whereas before I was anti digital

Bigman80 Guest

How very interesting. I seriously think it's all about the missing bits in the waveform that the digital "guesses' at.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast