+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reiver Acoustics Edingdale SR build

I'm tony.

Gary suggested I wire mine diagonally.

I was running speaker cable into the hf terminals and the jumpers in to lf. (shite jumper bars removed!)

Try red speaker wire to hf-jumper to lf.

Black speaker wire to lf-jumper to hf.

Very noticeable improvement....many thanks Gary.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Is it the mark 2 or the SR you have Tony?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Tony.

SRs, lovely sound...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Tony.

Well, going on for a year with these and they have just gone from strength to strength.

To say they are high resolution speakers is an understatement and have revealed every improvement I have made to my set up whilst also managing to be be very musical.

The sound stage they produce has great depth and just the right tonal balance.

So happy I was turned onto these end game speakers and would highly recommend them!
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm tony.

I reckon my pair are just getting better and better...love them to bits.

Just wondered if you had tried putting yours on stone slabs or the like....conventional granite chopping boards are just too small.

Im spikes into a wooden floor through a thick carpet...just wondering as when i heard them at Colins place they were on granite!

I'm Tony.

I'm using mine with the standard rubber feet supplied by Colin.

Not sure how much better they could possibly sound on spikes into granite but no doubt at some point I will get round to it.

TBH my system with the Edingdales just sounds so focused and right that I'm not to inclined to change anything.

Well, that is apart from the cheap binding posts on my amp which frequently cause the sound to go off until I clean them again...

As for the Edingdales for me they are an end game product

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    I reckon my pair are just getting better and better...love them to bits.

Just wondered if you had tried putting yours on stone slabs or the like....conventional granite chopping boards are just too small.)

Im spikes into a wooden floor through a thick carpet...just wondering as when i heard them at Colins place they were on granite!
    Speakers for life Tony, worth making the investment...no more box swapping!
    (unless you count stiletto and handbag boxes...)
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    I'm using mine with the standard rubber feet supplied by Colin.

Not sure how much better they could possibly sound on spikes into granite but no doubt at some point I will get round to it.

TBH my system with the Edingdales just sounds so focused and right that I'm not to inclined to change anything.

Well, that is apart from the cheap binding posts on my amp which frequently cause the sound to go off until I clean them again...

As for the Edingdales for me they are an end game product
    Agreed.
    I’ve put some upgrades into my system of late, and the big E’s keep stepping up to the plate.
    Suspect I’m very far from hitting their limits...

Tony,
    Rest easy, the E’s will laugh at anything you stick in front of em, spikes into carpet included.
    Point of buying them is you don’t need to worry about this stuff no more!
    Last edited by Gazjam; 24-01-2019 at 05:47.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm tony.

Ok will relax and just enjoy the music...

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Ok will relax and just enjoy the music...
    That's what you keep telling me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast