+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meridian M2 speakers & stands

I'm Andrew.

Default Meridian M2 speakers & stands

Yes they have seen better days that’s for sure but curiosity got the better of me and I went ahead and put them in my car and no I didn’t hear them either but they did at least power up and they came with their original stands .
    So 130 miles later and I’m back home with these past masters, took the tweeters out first of all as I know they’re almost always blown ... blow me they’re fine !! Put them back in and hook up the iPad to them on zero volume thinking nothing will happen but damn they work and they sound bloody good too
    So do I keep em and enjoy ( knowing that one day they may fail or do I move them on ??)
    I can’t stop listening though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

They look to be in pretty in good nick.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

a bit of work and they could be perfect... and worth a bit/
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Well I’d say they’re usable depending how strong your relationship is with the missus and can you manage your speaker ocd,
    I’m amazed by the sound and particularly the lows .
    I know everyone will scream RE-CAP them but I can’t afford that route but a damn good find I think .
    Last edited by andyrlb; 05-04-2018 at 20:40.

I'm Andrew.

Hope you are well Grant . I think they’re worth restoring without a doubt but where do you start and stop ?
    I fancy tackling the cabinets first off , any advice ?

I'm Grant.

if the scuffs are not deep then rub down and refinish.deeper gouges need filling.. the grille's can be recovered easily, and if you take drivers out the front baffle can be resprayed. the foam bit could be replaced.. sure it could be found, or similar.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Meridian have a knack with speakers. They tend to be rather good. Those are definitely worth some time and effort.

(I still fancy a pair of M33's actually )

I'm Andrew.

I love them !! Well the sound .
    Trying to find some of that tweeter diffraction foam but to no avail

I'm Duncan.

Try here for felt
    https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/ca...ification.html

The power amps will need servicing, new capacitors etc.. and possibly any crossover components though maybe not, as these are an active design.

Nice find.

Happy Days

I'm Andrew.

Thanks Duncan,
    I did that at falcon but it’s the wrong shape so I’ve got some neoprene foam sheets on their way .
    At the moment I believe they sound as they should so fingers crossed I’ll be lucky and nothing will blow .

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast