+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Balanced XLR interconnects

I'm Ward.

Default Wanted: Balanced XLR interconnects

I'm looking for a pair of nice quality balanced interconnects of at least 1 metre in length
    they are needed to go between a BAT pre-amp and a line level headphone amp
    ideally up to the £100 mark but could stretch for a real bargain
    Cheers
    Ward

I'm Ian.

I'm Ward.

Thanks for the suggestion Ian, will bear them in mind along with RFC
    but hang on a bit to see if anything used is offered before deciding.

I'm Geoff.

With balanced cables there is no need to spend that much. Plenty of good cables with good connectors available for next to nothing!

Geoff

I'm Macklow.

I've got a pair of Argento Audio Copper 1m balanced interconnects that are exactly in budget - very nice quality cables - feel free to pm me for further info

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    With balanced cables there is no need to spend that much. Plenty of good cables with good connectors available for next to nothing!

Geoff
    Indeed. I've bought them for a few pounds on the auction site. Not trying to turn this into a 'cables argument', but really no need for so called 'high quality' leads with balanced cables of a metre or so long, you won't hear any difference because there won't be one. But spend a hundred pounds if it makes you happy, and seriously, that's what it's all about.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagesteve View Post
    Indeed. I've bought them for a few pounds on the auction site. Not trying to turn this into a 'cables argument', but really no need for so called 'high quality' leads with balanced cables of a metre or so long, you won't hear any difference because there won't be one. But spend a hundred pounds if it makes you happy, and seriously, that's what it's all about.
    I have been really pleased with cables from Designacable in Nottingham. They offer a custom cable service but also sell direct and on Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Designacabl...%2Bcables&th=1

Geoff

I'm Ward.

Thanks for the offer Macklow, I will keep you in mind and see what else is offered.
    Thanks also for the input Geoff and Steve, I do appreciate that it is not necessary to spend large sums on balanced interconnects,
    however I wanted to open the thread to all possible used cables that might be available here to give the widest choice;
    I based the sum on what it would cost for a new set of 1.5 metre RFC cables.

I'm Alan.

pm sent....these are a bargain...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagesteve View Post
    Agreed, but then I make up my own.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread