+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analog Magik

I'm Peter.

Default Analog Magik

Sorry, it’s not an incorrect spelling, (but perhaps one word), but has anybody ever used the cartridge alignment software.

It’s very expensive but appears to do just about everything that eyes and ears can’t do to get the perfect alignment.

Any views.??

Or is it all smoking mirrors!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've not heard of it.

Software you say - how do you use it?
    Barry

I'm Peter.

Have a look on YouTube

It’s quite a revelation. (Need to view all the series).

It’s quite annoying really ..... but informative. On how to get it right.

Peter

I'm Clive.

A link would be nice perhaps.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

https://www.analogmagik.com

Not sure its for me at list price of US$700. It requires a software dongle which is so 20c.
    Paul.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by flapland View Post
    https://www.analogmagik.com

Not sure its for me at list price of US$700. It requires a software dongle which is so 20c.
    Yes indeed, $700 is a stack load of money. Perhaps the only way to purchase would be a group of likeminded individuals.

I'm Clive.

At over £600 you can count me out.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Neil.

Pretty sure you’d be able to buy a cheap A/D converter and use something like Audacity to achieve pretty much the same thing...
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm David.

I must admit I was interested enough to watch all of the videos this morning.

The idea of the product is quite appealing, albeit that I already have the Dr Feickert Adjust + for azimuth which I like so some of it would be unnecessary in my case. However the product blurb seemed too suggest that the remaining variables in cartridge/tonearm set up could also be dealt with in a similarly scientific and repeatable manner which would be great.

Unfortunately I was slightly put off when watching the videos as there was quite a bit of comment on how vibrations and noise could upset the results and even make it impossible to draw accurate conclusions in some instances - from memory setting VTA and VTF were instances where this was flagged as a particular problem. If this is really the case then, unless you have the best possible turntable supports and isolation, you could easily find yourself having spent a considerable sum of money for little real benefit.

I think this kind of product could become worthwhile in the future, perhaps even Analog Magik, however I suspect that the algorithm's that are used to separate the signal from the noise will need to be worked on a bit more before it is really useful to those of us with less than stellar set-ups. Sadly we are probably the people who need it most!

David Whistance

I'm Chris.

Just watched some of that, life's getting to short these days for all that, I just want to play my records.
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast