• No Don't use Electrostatic or Planar Speakers

19 38.00%
  • Have used before.

9 18.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Poll For Electrostatic / Planar Speaker Users

I'm Mike.

Since the cut-off of Photobucket, I haven't managed to sort out another host. I really must get onto it, but digital stuff like that presents a bit of a challenge. Best I can do would be to send you a pic via email (using message box) or describe it here.

Looking directly at the speaker and IEC inputs, the mains lead enters the plug at the bottom, with the contact IEC at 90 degrees to it. It plugs in at about 30 degrees or so from horizontal to fit the sloping panel. This means that the cover clears this when closed, Anything else wouldn't allow the flap to close, I'd imagine. The plug/lead connection is similar to the SME right-angled DIN tonearm plugs. Hope this helps. B.t.w., my plug is, think, moulded onto the lead.

I'm Mike.

Pic's just sent by email, Stephen. Hope this sorts you out.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Poll now has 22 peeps using some form of planar speakers against 19 not and 9 others that have used them before, that's amazing to me

My Maggies are still amazing me with their sheer musicality and ease of producing sound that I have doubts that I will go back to 'normal' box speakers, however I will try the LV's back in the system at some point but I just don't think they will 'do it' for me..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Timothy.

Glad you are enjoying the Maggies so much, Nina! They certainly can be a do-all, end-all for some. Hope you get your stands done soon too!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789