Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ortofon SPU Cartridges

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Any news regarding the A100?
    Barry

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Any news regarding the A100?
    I presume you're referring to the SPU Wood A? That retails at £1400 (plus the APJ-1 adapter where necessary) and for me will always be a special order item. As far as I know Ortofon are making them to order.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    I presume you're referring to the SPU Wood A? That retails at £1400 (plus the APJ-1 adapter where necessary) and for me will always be a special order item. As far as I know Ortofon are making them to order.
    No, I was referring to the Anniversary 100, the proposed successor to the A95.
    Barry

I'm Hugo.

I don't know about that - I'm only an authorised dealer for SPU models and accessories.

I'm Adam.

The Anniversary editions of the SPU
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

montesquieu Guest

According to the lovely Katarina from Ortofon it's being announced/released at Munich high end (which is next week I believe?).

I'm Hugo.

Ortofon SPU stock is slowly trickling into the shop. I now have the following products in stock and available to buy:

SPU#1E
    SPU Classic GM MkII
    ST-7 Stereo Step Up Transformer

These products are on order and should be in stock by the end of May 2018:

SPU#1S
    SPU Mono CG 65 DI MkII
    SPU Mono CG 25 DI MkII
    SPU Mono GM MkII
    SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST M25 Mono Step Up Transfomer

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product-category/ortofon/
    Last edited by Ammonite Audio; 08-05-2018 at 11:11.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Ortofon SPU stock is slowly trickling into the shop. I now have the following products in stock and available to buy:

SPU#1E
    SPU Classic GM MkII
    ST-7 Stereo Step Up Transformer

These products are on order and should be in stock by the end of May 2018:

SPU#1S
    SPU Mono CG 65 DI MkII
    SPU Mono GM MkII
    SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST M25 Mono Step Up Transfomer

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product-category/ortofon/
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    According to the lovely Katarina from Ortofon it's being announced/released at Munich high end (which is next week I believe?).
    According to Ortofon's Leif Johanssen, in interview with Michael Fremer at Munich, the 100th Anniversary SPU is limited to 250 pieces, already sold out, and costing €5000 apiece.

montesquieu Guest

Interesting - love the headshell, Shibata stylus (like the Miyajimas!) but 5,000 Euros - nah, I wouldn't be in the market anyway. (And all sold out anyway it seems).

SPU stuff from 19:30 if anyone is interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast