+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ortofon SPU Cartridges

I'm Hugo.

Default Ortofon SPU Cartridges

I'm pleased to have been appointed as an approved UK dealer for Ortofon SPU cartridges and I intend to hold actual stocks of the more popular stereo and mono variants, starting with the entry level #1 stereo models and the Mono CG 25 Di MkII. SPUs are resolutely old-fashioned things, being heavy trackers with very low compliance, so perfect partners for heavyweight tonearms like the Glanz models that I stock, but the SPUs will also work well with the new Jelco range of arms. I am happy to demonstrate these SPU cartridges here, but home dems are not possible.

Please note that I cannot supply other Ortofon products – just SPU cartridges and SPU accessories.

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product-category/ortofon/
    Last edited by Ammonite Audio; 07-07-2018 at 10:12. Reason: Home dem clarification

I'm Hugo.

Update - I now have one Ortofon SPU#1E in stock, hopefully to be followed shortly by the SPU Mono CG 25 DI MkII that was ordered at the same time. Over the next few weeks I also expect to receive stocks of the SPU Mono CG 65 Di MkII, SPU GM E MkII, and the Ortofon ST M25 Mono SUT.

The plan is, in due course, to build up actual stocks of most fixed headshell SPUs, up to the Classic GM E. The Meister Silver, Synergy, Royal GM and the 'N' models will be to order. SPU orders seem to take fully 4 weeks to arrive, so a certain amount of forward thinking is required, hence the plan to hold stock so anyone with an SPU itch to scratch will know that, on the whole, I will be able to supply straight away.

I'm Andrew.

Silver Meister Mk 2 is possibly my next purchase I'm a confirmed SPU geek
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Silver Meister Mk 2 is possibly my next purchase I'm a confirmed SPU geek
    Give yourself at least 4 weeks of notice, then! I wonder if Ortofon make every SPU to order, since even the #1E took so long to arrive. I’m going to put in quite a large SPU order soon, so if you would like a Meister Silver, I’m happy to add one to the list.

I'm Andrew.

I'd need to hear one first in the context of my system.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I'd need to hear one first in the context of my system.
    That might be difficult since they are, like all SPUs, special order products.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    That might be difficult since they are, like all SPUs, special order products.
    Yeah it's such a shame.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm David.

Once you have the mono SPU's I'd be interested in how you feel they compare with the Miyajima monos. I'm looking for both mono and 78 cartridges but can't make my mind up at the moment. If you have the mono's for demo next month I will contact you to try and arrange a listen at home.

David Whistance

I'm Hugo.

Ortofon SPUs seem to take at least 4 weeks to arrive from ordering, but by the end of May, I expect to have the following SPU models in stock and available to buy from the shop:

SPU#1S
    SPU#1E (in stock now)
    SPU Mono CG 65 DI MkII
    SPU Mono CG 25 DI MkII
    SPU Mono GM MkII
    SPU Classic GM MkII
    SPU Classic GM E MkII

The following models won't be held in stock and will always be to order:

SPU Meister Silver GM II
    SPU Synergy GM or A
    SPU Royal GM MkII
    All 'N' Variants (eg ones without the integrated headshell)

I'm Hugo.

I'll also be holding stocks of the Ortofon ST-7 stereo and ST M25 mono step up transformers, which are intended to be paired with SPU cartridges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast