+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my journey so far........

I'm jamie.

Here comes the bass!!
    A tip off from geoff led me to london to buy a pair of KLH 23's.Rare in this country and designed by Henry Kloss.

Amazing bass response from these American beauties,there only week point was the paper tweeter,a cross between the Pageant series 2 and these would be perfect.
    timeline is 01/2015
    Last edited by karma67; 19-04-2018 at 15:48.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

New tonearm,the first Mission 774!
    Bought from a member in Eastbourne,only down the rod from Brighton,super condition and i couldn't wait to put it on.
    Another tonearm board for the AR,i was getting good at them by now and she's up and running.

Wow the Mission 774 is a great tonearm,it easily beats the Rega RB300,i used mine at this point with a Denon DL-160. My first proper tonearm,little did i know but id have another 2 in the future.

the combination of the AR TT and 774 arm was brilliant,i look back at them with fondness,a bit like your first girlfriend i suppose??
    Last edited by karma67; 19-04-2018 at 15:49.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

enjoying the all our yester years
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

lol do you remember 'looks familiar' with dennis norden?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

moving on down the line,my system stayed like this for a long time,then one day it happened,it has been said before that its something you need to do,a right of passage. enter the lp12!
    mine was a nice pre cirkus example with a Valhalla power supply.
    timeline is 06/2015.

i tried the Mission 774 arm on the lp12 and getting it to bounce right was a nightmare,for me it seemed too light and also cable dressing was doing my head in!
    something had to give and a few weeks later a second hand ittok was purchased.

i also bought a nice Nagaoka mp-500 too,a very nice set up and sounding the best so far.

Last edited by karma67; 19-04-2018 at 15:49.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12