+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member from Canada

I'm Gilles.

Red face New member from Canada

Hi friends,

Have been reading your very frendly threads for sometimes. Since I'm french speaking hope my writing
    makes sense!

Always have been a music lover! I play guitar, bass, harmonica, accordeon, flute and a little piano.

I like all kind of music fron classical-opera to heavy rock, country-folk and jazz. Everything well done
    has my ear.

Love DIYing. First tweeked my tube amps in 70's. Blew many with wrong tubes or bias...
    Had many kits Dynaco tube amps, Heathkit, many diy single ended amps EL84's, EL34's, KT66...

Many speakers to. Now I have all Emotiva components: XPA-5 amplifier 5X 200W, UMC-1 processor, speakers T2 and
    C2 center, E2 and Oppo BDP83 bluray for cinema only. I use a Music Angel 12AX7 preamp with XPA-5 X2 + MHZS tube cd player for stereo hifi listening. Sometimes I take out an old Cambridge CD4 cd player to keep it going.

https://emotiva.com/ Best buy in America. Very good components! Low prices for the quality. Directly from
    manufacturer.

Also still listen to my Dynaco SCA 35 EL84 14W X2, Gainclones diy 40W X2 + 12W X2, Yakin chinese integrated amp EL34
    40W X2 modified.

To me nothing beats my jams with old friends with my guitars on my Vox AC30 and Fender Jazz bass +Ampeg amp.

I am retired! So music is my first and ever companion with my cool wife ( WAF is ideal here!) No problemo with
    Women Acceptance Factor!

I am a member of l'Association Montrealaise des Audiophiles. An audiophile club in Montreal. We meet to listen to sound
    systems & all kinds of music first tuesday of every month and classical music the third tuesday with a dedicated subject.
    The club was founded in 1996. We also always have DIY projects on the go. Preamps, Gainclones, Pass Labs amps, Speakers etc...

I am a moderator of our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/916311425060375/

Have a nice day!

GT

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Hello Gilles - welcome to AoS.

Nice introduction. You are obviously keen on valve (tube) electronics, as are many here as well.

Always good to have members who are musicians, and who also enjoy a broad range of music.

Welcome aboard

Barry
    Barry

I'm gone.

Welcome, Giles.

Yes, a good intro, there!

I've had a MHZS valve-buffered CD player (CD88?) - an excellent music making machine.

Interesting about Emotiva products - I don't think I've ever tried any. I shall keep a look out now!

Some photos of your gear, old & new, would be very well received in the forum's Gallery section.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Gilles. Welcome to AOS.

Nice to see somebody using Dynaco gear. You'll find vintage equipment is popular here.

This is a friendly place, so just join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Martin.

Hi Gilles.

I'm surprised there is a town called Waterloo in French-speaking Canada. Still, forgive and forget eh?

Welcome to the Forum.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gilles.

Red face

Hi, friends,

Thank you all for such a nice welcoming to your forum.

I will try to add pictures in the next days!

Gilles

I'm Don.

Welcome Gilles, from the west coast of Canada!

Don
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Svend.

And from another Canadian - Welcome! I'm a little east of center at present , but formerly a prairie dweller.

Enjoy the forum Gilles!

I'm Dave.

Hi Gilles, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread