+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volumio issue

I'm Paul.

I think it might be an issue with the latest release of the Volumio software. Have you tired no oversampling and setting the buffer to maxium % and MB. Otherwise you may have to install an older version or wait for the next update and hope it is fixed.
    ~Paul~

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by mr sneff View Post
    i already said that I get no sound with HiFiBerry Digi.......
    OK looking at the spec of the Peachtree it has USB in. Why not do away with the Dgi+ board and go USB out from the Pi into the Peachtree USB digital input? I used to have a Digi+ board but went down this route.

Regards

Cyclopse

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    OK looking at the spec of the Peachtree it has USB in. Why not do away with the Dgi+ board and go USB out from the Pi into the Peachtree USB digital input? I used to have a Digi+ board but went down this route.

Regards

Cyclopse
    Why? Because it sounds awful compared to the Digi+ or most of the other audio boards for the Pi!

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Why? Because it sounds awful compared to the Digi+ or most of the other audio boards for the Pi!
    I got a performance increase deploying it this way.

I'm David.

Regards

Cyclopse
    Very easy to set up, seems to be working well, thanks!

I'm David.

Much to my surprise I'm preferring the sound of the Pi straight into the Peachtree via USB, its managing to sound more detailed, yet warmer and fuller bodied. Nice one, Stephen!

I'm Geoff.

Much to my surprise I'm preferring the sound of the Pi straight into the Peachtree via USB, its managing to sound more detailed, yet warmer and fuller bodied. Nice one, Stephen!
    I can only think that you may have a faulty Digi board. To me the USB output from the Pi is pretty awful compared to my Digi + and goddam awful compared to my Digione!

Great if it sounds good to you, but I could not live with the Pi USB as a source!

Geoff

I'm Stephen.

I came to similar conclusions. That the native USB output outperforms a Digi+ SPDIF digital output. Volumio has come a long way since the early version 2 releases.

I'm Dazz.

I came to similar conclusions. That the native USB output outperforms a Digi+ SPDIF digital output. Volumio has come a long way since the early version 2 releases.
    Interesting, because I have only ever used mine via a USB DAC and the sound is so good I haven't been inclined to spend more money on boards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12