+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xbox

I'm Neil.

Default Xbox

Sorry don't know where to post this but, anyone into cod xbox ?
    Come on let's hook up
    Rega RP8, Rega Ania MC Cart
    Moded Lenco GL75, Jelco 750D, Denon 103
    DIY Transcendent Sound Phono, Firebottle OTP II Phono
    The Truth Linestage
    Firebottle AIR
    DIY Matteis Aspen HDL with Jordan Eikona 2 drivers
    Usher Dancer Mini 2

I'm Martin.

Youve probably got the wrong forum Im an old codger who likes to play single player but Ive no wish to get social with my videogames. I own every cod game up until the xbox one. I had the battlefield 4 game but of course its designed for multiplayer and pretty rubbish in the single player campaign

I may give it a go someday. I feel Im damn good in single player but Im not sure how long I would last on the multiplayer battlefield. I would probably get thrashed and see limited fun in a youngster sniping me and hurling abuse through my headset. I quite like the idea of playing Splatoon and Friday 13th etc but just havent got around to getting live membership and joining in

Oh I played Hill Climb 2 live on my mobile and I was thrashing the newbies until we got onto the upgraded cars and courses...the newbies are easy prey

I'm Martin.

I will add that gaming seems to go down like a lead ballooon on this forum. Prove me wrong but the replies usually peter out in half a page or someone changes the subject

Its a mainstream activity but even today its still seen as a nerdy by many people. The fact that we have never really had decent tv coverage speaks volumes. We get that Dara O Briain 8 bit which is appalling and just like the crap programmes they first made ages ago. A nervous laughter (oh we are a bit geeky and isnt is funny) nerdfest which actually denegrates the gaming population.

Ive played some stunningly good games in my time...an experience every bit as good as other artforms and in many ways better. The attitude that it is all low brow and I dont know what a book is, really annoys me.

For a billion dollar industry that can produce photo realistic graphics and amazing games, it still gets a hard time as if its keeping children and adults from better things
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 06-04-2018 at 20:49.

+ Reply to Thread