+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LINN SONDEK LP12 - High Spec example, Naim Aro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Adam.

Default LINN SONDEK LP12 - High Spec example, Naim Aro

After taking a change in direction with my Analogue front end, it's with regret that i am
    letting my cherished LINN SONDEK LP12 go. Not an easy decision!
    I now wish to keep the synergy with my vintage approach to my vinyl reproduction.

This is a recently manufactured, high specification, heavily upgraded example. Not a so called Fruit Box!

This beautiful Turntable owes me well over £5000.
    So a fantastic opportunity to purchase a high spec LP12 and save a lot of money!!
    The sale price here is £3200 including my highly regarded Music Maker III MM cartridge.

This Turntable was purchased new by myself in 2015 from Peter Swain at Cymbiosis.

The basic deck retails for £1770 (March 2018 price)
    It has an immaculate Walnut Plinth

Upgrades
    All upgrades were carried out by Peter Swain himself at Cymbiosis.

• It has had the fantastic new KORE Aluminium Sub-Chasis retails for £800 (March 2018 price)

Trampoline Suspended aluminium base board and feet, retails for £170 (March 2018 price)

• Power Supply Unit upgraded to the acclaimed LINN LINGO2
    (currently fetching up to £1000 on the bay)

• The Turntable comes complete with a fantastic condition, highly in demand Naim Aro Tonearm (currently fetching up to £1600 on the used market)

Tiger Paw SKale counter weight Upgrade for the Naim Aro (rrp £200)

INCLUDED in the sale is a Fantastic The Cartridge Man, Music Maker III MM cartridge (rrp £775)

The deck is in pristine condition, this was my baby for 3 years and I have been meticulous
    with it. My wife used to joke she lost her husband to a beauty called Linn!

The Deck and Tone arm come with all packaging and original boxes.
    The Linn Lingo2 doesn't have the original Box.

I have receipts for the original purchase of the deck.

Please do not ask me to split it. I won't.

I would rather someone comes and demos the deck at my home in Barnet North London / Herts boarder. I will not courier it anywhere.

This has been exclusively posted here on AoS before anywhere else.

Pictures do not do this deck justice.

Last edited by WESTLOWER; 31-03-2018 at 12:36. Reason: Added cartridge to bundle sale
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm mark.

Looks great, if you can afford to keep the Aro, you owe it to yourself to try it on the other turntable ;-)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    Looks great, if you can afford to keep the Aro, you owe it to yourself to try it on the other turntable ;-)
    I too would counsel to keep the Aro if you could and put it on the 401
    But if not... GLWYS
    Here's the dilemma for all LP12 owners who have upgraded over the years.
    I look at mine and despair .....but it still sounds damn good.
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    I too would counsel to keep the Aro if you could and put it on the 401
    But if not... GLWYS
    Here's the dilemma for all LP12 owners who have upgraded over the years.
    I look at mine and despair .....but it still sounds damn good.
    I'd rather the LP12 is sold with the Aro, as the upgraded Kore sub chassis is built for this arm.
    But it is a fantastic tonearm, really enjoyed listening with it.
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 30-03-2018 at 17:47.

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Andrew.

I had a funny feeling you'd pick the old idler over the rubber band! I did exactly the same many moons ago!! GLWTS.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I had a funny feeling you'd pick the old idler over the rubber band! I did exactly the same many moons ago!! GLWTS.
    Thanks. It was not an easy decision at all. This LP12 is a seriously good turntable.
    But I want to continue to experience SPUs.
    I may live to regret it..

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    But I want to continue to experience SPUs.
    I may live to regret it..
    Nope, I don't think you will. Radford's, Garrard's, Tannoy's, and SPU's just seem to mesh together like nothing else.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

montesquieu Guest

I heard this TT the other day into Adam's kit. Yes from an aesthetic / holistic perspective the 401 is a lovely 60s match with the Radford and the Tannoys, and I can see why forced to just keep one TT that's where Adam ended up, especially with the number of mono records he has and his wish to be able to easily chop and change cartridges.

But this is one hell of a turntable. I had an LP12 for many years - pre-Cirkus, Ittok, Valhalla, AT OC9 - an 80s icon and lot of fun, but with limitations. Adam's LP12 is not the same thing AT ALL. It's the same basic concept, but in the intervening 30 years it has been improved pretty much beyond measure. With his Dynavector in, sounded awesome and in pure performance terms it outguns the 401. I can see why he's hung onto it for months after getting the 401 up and running as it's by no means a straightforward decision.

I'm Adam.

Bundle Sale now to include a very highly regarded The Cartridge Man, 'Music Maker III MM cartridge FREE. rrp £775 !
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 31-03-2018 at 13:48.

I'm Adam.

Bank hol Bump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast