+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LINN SONDEK LP12 - High Spec example, Naim Aro

I'm Adam.

Default LINN SONDEK LP12 - High Spec example, Naim Aro

After taking a change in direction with my Analogue front end, it's with regret that i am
    letting my cherished LINN SONDEK LP12 go. Not an easy decision!
    I now wish to keep the synergy with my vintage approach to my vinyl reproduction.

This is a recently manufactured, high specification, heavily upgraded example. Not a so called Fruit Box!

This beautiful Turntable owes me well over 5000.
    So a fantastic opportunity to purchase a high spec LP12 and save a lot of money!!
    The sale price here is 3200 including my highly regarded Music Maker III MM cartridge.

This Turntable was purchased new by myself in 2015 from Peter Swain at Cymbiosis.

The basic deck retails for 1770 (March 2018 price)
    It has an immaculate Walnut Plinth

Upgrades
    All upgrades were carried out by Peter Swain himself at Cymbiosis.

• It has had the fantastic new KORE Aluminium Sub-Chasis retails for 800 (March 2018 price)

Trampoline Suspended aluminium base board and feet, retails for 170 (March 2018 price)

• Power Supply Unit upgraded to the acclaimed LINN LINGO2
    (currently fetching up to 1000 on the bay)

• The Turntable comes complete with a fantastic condition, highly in demand Naim Aro Tonearm (currently fetching up to 1600 on the used market)

Tiger Paw SKale counter weight Upgrade for the Naim Aro (rrp 200)

INCLUDED in the sale is a Fantastic The Cartridge Man, Music Maker III MM cartridge (rrp 775)

The deck is in pristine condition, this was my baby for 3 years and I have been meticulous
    with it. My wife used to joke she lost her husband to a beauty called Linn!

The Deck and Tone arm come with all packaging and original boxes.
    The Linn Lingo2 doesn't have the original Box.

I have receipts for the original purchase of the deck.

Please do not ask me to split it. I won't.

I would rather someone comes and demos the deck at my home in Barnet North London / Herts boarder. I will not courier it anywhere.

This has been exclusively posted here on AoS before anywhere else.

Pictures do not do this deck justice.

Last edited by WESTLOWER; 31-03-2018 at 12:36. Reason: Added cartridge to bundle sale
    "lack of passion is fatal"
    LP12, Kore, Lingo2, Aro, SKale / DV XX2Mk2 / Garrard 401 / SME 3012 J7 Rewired / Ortofon Vintage SPU GE /Shure M3D /
    WAD 300b Power modded, TJ Mesh Plate Valves / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' Pre & Phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Tannoy 12" MGs in RFC Custom Rutland Cabinets with RFC Custom Crossovers
    Speaker Cables: Duelund DCA16GA Tinned Copper / Rpi3 & Digi + pro / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 Signature / Interconnects: Duelund DCA20GA home brew /
    SW1X Audio Phono SPDIF AERO 6 / David Coe AD Audio Silver USB / Synology NAS Drive / Roon / Tidal HiFi

I'm mark.

Looks great, if you can afford to keep the Aro, you owe it to yourself to try it on the other turntable ;-)

I'm AnDreW.

I had a funny feeling you'd pick the old idler over the rubber band! I did exactly the same many moons ago!! GLWTS.
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Mega Modded) DAC Caiman SEG+Anker PSU DECK 1210 Mat Analog Studio Crystal Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony arm Board Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/Jaeger(low-impedance) connector/3 StageRegs/Recapped PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 MatTeunto GunMetal Bearing SPH Plinth Moldovan Arm SME 3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSU NSC MCAg Meister SPU/DECCA Maroon CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker3mm2Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I had a funny feeling you'd pick the old idler over the rubber band! I did exactly the same many moons ago!! GLWTS.
    Thanks. It was not an easy decision at all. This LP12 is a seriously good turntable.
    But I want to continue to experience SPUs.
    I may live to regret it..
    LP12, Kore, Lingo2, Aro, SKale / DV XX2Mk2 / Garrard 401 / SME 3012 J7 Rewired / Ortofon Vintage SPU GE /Shure M3D /
    WAD 300b Power modded, TJ Mesh Plate Valves / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' Pre & Phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Tannoy 12" MGs in RFC Custom Rutland Cabinets with RFC Custom Crossovers
    Speaker Cables: Duelund DCA16GA Tinned Copper / Rpi3 & Digi + pro / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 Signature / Interconnects: Duelund DCA20GA home brew /
    SW1X Audio Phono SPDIF AERO 6 / David Coe AD Audio Silver USB / Synology NAS Drive / Roon / Tidal HiFi

I'm AnDreW.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    But I want to continue to experience SPUs.
    I may live to regret it..
    Nope, I don't think you will. Radford's, Garrard's, Tannoy's, and SPU's just seem to mesh together like nothing else.
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Mega Modded) DAC Caiman SEG+Anker PSU DECK 1210 Mat Analog Studio Crystal Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony arm Board Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/Jaeger(low-impedance) connector/3 StageRegs/Recapped PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 MatTeunto GunMetal Bearing SPH Plinth Moldovan Arm SME 3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSU NSC MCAg Meister SPU/DECCA Maroon CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker3mm2Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise

I'm Tom.

I heard this TT the other day into Adam's kit. Yes from an aesthetic / holistic perspective the 401 is a lovely 60s match with the Radford and the Tannoys, and I can see why forced to just keep one TT that's where Adam ended up, especially with the number of mono records he has and his wish to be able to easily chop and change cartridges.

But this is one hell of a turntable. I had an LP12 for many years - pre-Cirkus, Ittok, Valhalla, AT OC9 - an 80s icon and lot of fun, but with limitations. Adam's LP12 is not the same thing AT ALL. It's the same basic concept, but in the intervening 30 years it has been improved pretty much beyond measure. With his Dynavector in, sounded awesome and in pure performance terms it outguns the 401. I can see why he's hung onto it for months after getting the 401 up and running as it's by no means a straightforward decision.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N + Shure M3D Jico stylus; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0 retipped by Ana Mighty Sound bamboo cantilever, Spirit '78' 3.0 conical from Ana, also vintage GE VRII, Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Duncan 'Tuberhunter' 200w class D; preamp - Pass DCB1; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage SPU-GE; SUTs - Ortofon 2-15k & Bob's Devices; Phono Stage: Schiit Mani; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    Looks great, if you can afford to keep the Aro, you owe it to yourself to try it on the other turntable ;-)
    I too would counsel to keep the Aro if you could and put it on the 401
    But if not... GLWYS
    Here's the dilemma for all LP12 owners who have upgraded over the years.
    I look at mine and despair .....but it still sounds damn good.
    Tangerine LP12,Naim Aro, Benz Wood
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura & Elixir Dac,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP100 MC
    SiriuS D100
    Quad FM4,RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    HSM with re capped Mundorf Supreme and Atlas rewire
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    I too would counsel to keep the Aro if you could and put it on the 401
    But if not... GLWYS
    Here's the dilemma for all LP12 owners who have upgraded over the years.
    I look at mine and despair .....but it still sounds damn good.
    I'd rather the LP12 is sold with the Aro, as the upgraded Kore sub chassis is built for this arm.
    But it is a fantastic tonearm, really enjoyed listening with it.
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 30-03-2018 at 17:47.

I'm Adam.

Bundle Sale now to include a very highly regarded The Cartridge Man, 'Music Maker III MM cartridge FREE. rrp 775 !
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 31-03-2018 at 13:48.

I'm Adam.

Bank hol Bump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast