+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jelco SA-750E 10" tonearm destroys Rega RB300 tonearm

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    No, tried to order the new armboard but they only ship to UK and Australia. We are going to machine an acrylic one, but I was too impatient to wait. So that's for the next round of ugraditis.
    Nice! But however did the tech get the cart to align properly with that longer arm? It's longer than the RB300, and much longer than the stock arm, no?

In any case, it sounds like it's working fine for you, which is great. Enjoy!

montesquieu Guest

Nice result but rather unsurprising to some of us - Regas and their derivatives have their place but the Jelco with the right cartridge (and the Ortofon and 103 fit the bill) should be head and shoulders better.

Clickbait heading was amusing though

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Nice! But however did the tech get the cart to align properly with that longer arm? It's longer than the RB300, and much longer than the stock arm, no?

In any case, it sounds like it's working fine for you, which is great. Enjoy!
    Yes, it's very long, barely fit on Systemdek. Looks perhaps a bit grotesque on there, but sound quality matters more to me than visual aesthetics. Plus, due to its superior tracking, the sibilance issues are all but gone and the surface noise is dramatically reduced. Two extra bonus points for this arm!
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12