+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB 2 RCA Phono Plugs

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Default WTB 2 RCA Phono Plugs

Hi

Slightly odd request here, anyway I was moving my kit around for various reasons and when I plugged it all back in and spun my 1st album the sound from the right hand speaker was missing

Any way checking it all connections etc this was only an issue with my turntable. Looking at the RCA phono plugs at the end of the tone arm I noticed they were looking a bit tatty as the rubber grips were starting to perish, I unscrewed them and on one the wire had come loose, problem identified.

Now I could solder this back no problem but thought that it would be an opportunity to replace the plugs with new ones. Checking on line most half decent plugs seem to be sold in quads and as I only need 2 I thought I'd check in here to see if anybody has 2 spare ones they don't need lying around.

The current ones are copper gold plated Origin Live ones so anything similar would be good , happy to consider anything else though if they are of higher quality.

Willing to pay of course and add P+P.

What have you AOSers got at the bottom of your drawers!

Cheers Andy

I'm Graham.

https://goo.gl/3Apr6y
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

Bigman80 Guest

Erm? They aren't the best in any way shape or form.

Spend £20 on some MSaudio plugs. You get 4 but at that price they are simply Excellent. You can always remove them at a later date if you want to.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

thanks guys, to clarify , not looking for the cheapest happy to pay 20 quid or so.

I'm Slav.

Bigman80 Guest

These are awful. Had some on a pair of MG1000HD Cables. As soon as some replacement plugs were fitted, the cables actually sounded pretty good. The outer sleeve retracts. Awful design.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Those are what I would choose to use.
    Barry

I'm Lee.

^ and what rega use
    Cheers Lee

I'm Lee.

Cheers Lee

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

thought maplins was bust?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast