+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unaffordable Art

I'm Peter.

Default Unaffordable Art

This about what you can and can’t afford!!

A privilege to have loaned the Koetsu Onyx for a fortnight. (a short review)

First few albums with the Koetsu. I truly am astounded, I’m finding it difficult to even describe the sound this cartridge makes.

Holographic, three dimensional musical, rich, soft, sweet and just fills the room with such a lovely sound and so different to anything else I have ever heard. Plus, I’ve never heard bass so defined and instruments so clearly positioned and The tonality is astounding. There is also not a hint of sibilance on any of the female vocals.

Mind you.... I ain’t never rested 14k worth of Arm / Cartridge on a £20 record.

I think now I know just how good the system / TT/ Arm really is.... just completely knocked out. Denon DP80 / Dynavector 507 Mk II / Koetsu Onyx

The other amazing thing is how quite this cartridge is (hardly any pops and clicks).... don’t quite understand how this is possible.

The total bummer to all this is, that I have to send it back as I don’t have the money at the moment (supporting daughter, car repairs / service etc, etc) or anything to p/x but it has been a total privilege to have a listen......... heartbroken .

Oh well..... we can’t have it all....... back to the Benz Wood. SL

I really always wanted an Alston Martin DBS.... but I can’t have that either!!!

A photo of the deck used below:-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

It's tough to go back when you've been introduced to the next level. I'm reluctant to try new stuff now for that reason alone

Great looking TT.

+ Reply to Thread