+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted - Budget Standmount Speakers

I'm Martyn.

Default Wanted - Budget Standmount Speakers

Having moved on my "coffin speakers" as the wife called them prior to moving house. I'm looking for something to fill a void until we get settled and i work out what i can fit in the new house.

Something around the North West would be preferable so i'm not wasting money on couriers given it'd eat up a fair chunk of my budget but if something suitable comes up elsewhere i'd consider it.

Would ideally prefer something of a larger standmount but would also consider a small footprint floor stander.

Budget is up to around £150

Cheers

I'm Steve.

Hi Martyn,

I have Q-acoustics 2020i in gloss black boxed in mint condition.

Yours for £80 plus postage

Regards Steve...

I'm Paul.

I'd have a look for some Mission 780SEs in your area, Martyn.
    They're fairly common and you should be able to find a pair for £50-100 I would think.

I've owned mine from new and they still sound fantastic. I use them every day on my desktop system with a vintage Trio amp, but if you've got anything beefier then they tend to reward more power too.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Steve.

Martyn, I have a pair of B&W DM603's that you are welcome to borrow indefinitely. I haven't used them for years, so there'd be no rush to return them.

They could tide you over while you find that "perfect bargain". I too live in Chorley.

I must emphasise they are not for sale, they're just a loaner.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martyn.

Hi Steve (Pigmy Pony)

That is incredibly generous of you, however i sadly must decline. We have 2 small very excitable dogs and 2 teenagers! I couldn't guarantee the speakers wouldn't pick up any marks /damage, especially as we're in the process of moving so everything is getting shifted around and i don't think i could cope with the worry!

Steve (STD305M) - Thanks for the offer but i think these might be a little small for me and i'd end up constantly looking for something a little bigger anyway.

As an update I've found some B&W DM602 S2's for sale locally for £90 which doesn't seem a bad price. It's amazing how these have held their value. They were my second set of "proper" speakers i bought back in 2006 and i'm sure i move them on for a similar price.

I'm Martin.

Got these B&O MC120.2 you could have for £120. 3 way with dome midrange, Volt drivers. Got the integral stands too but they need some work.

They are the ones on the stands:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread