+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Dynaudio Audience 72 Floorstanding Speakers

I'm Tony.

Default FS: Dynaudio Audience 72 Floorstanding Speakers

Hi guys, I'm probably going to regret selling these speakers cause they're as good a speaker as I've owned anyway I bought these speakers in the thread below, they're excellent speakers and I have loved using them but I really don't listen at loud volumes and these are a bit too big physically for my room.

The previous owner looked after them very well and they are in very good condition generally and of course they sound fabulous but we were doing some major renovations to our main bedroom lately and I noticed that one of the tweeters was slightly pushed in when I removed the grills one day, I'm pretty sure that this was cause by us/me moving a mattress in and out of the lounge anyway I employed the hoover method on the tweeter and managed to pull it back into shape so much so that you would hardly notice that it had been pushed in but I'm mentioning this for completeness, this has no effect on the sound and the tweeter works perfectly.

These are pick up only from Glasgow or I can deliver up to about 100miles for fuel costs, I have a small van so delivery is an option.

I paid £325 for these back in January so taking into account the tweeter thing I'm looking for £300 guys with payment by cash on collection or delivery.

The photos at the bottom are from the original advert.

Thanks

Tony

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...audio+Audience
    Last edited by twotone; 27-03-2018 at 18:39.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Hi guys, I'm probably going to regret selling these speakers cause they're as good a speaker as I've owned anyway I bought these speakers in the thread below, they're excellent speakers and I have loved using them but I really don't listen at loud volumes and these are a bit too big physically for my room.

The previous owner looked after them very well and they are in very good condition generally and of course they sound fabulous but we were doing some major renovations to our main bedroom lately and I noticed that one of the tweeters was slightly pushed in when I removed the grills one day, I'm pretty sure that this was cause by us/me moving a mattress in and out of the lounge anyway I employed the hoover method on the tweeter and managed to pull it back into shape so much so that you would hardly notice that it had been pushed in but I'm mentioning this for completeness, this has no effect on the sound and the tweeter works perfectly.

These are pick up only from Glasgow or I can deliver up to about 100miles for fuel costs, I have a small van so delivery is an option.

I paid £325 for these back in January so taking into account the tweeter thing I'm looking for £300 guys with payment by cash on collection or delivery.

The photos at the bottom are from the original advert.

Thanks

Tony

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...audio+Audience
    Absolute bargain for some lucky person.
    You might regret selling

I'm Tony.

Thanks Steve, yes I suspect you are right mate, the wife can't stand them but they sound brilliant.

I've had Harbeth P3 ERS's, Proac Studio 140s MK1s and MA Gold amongst a host other speakers and these Dyns are right up there with the best of them.

My main listening source is a cheap Denon streamer also Dual 1219 TT and an ATV4, some of the internet radio stations sound amazing with these speakers and my amp is just a cheap Pulse Chinese SS thing and even with these relatively inexpensive components the speakers sound great.

Tony
    Last edited by twotone; 28-03-2018 at 15:01.

I'm Tony.

Bumpage

I'm Phil.

never forget hearing the dyn 72se , one of my best speakers . lot of speaker for the money
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    never forget hearing the dyn 72se , one of my best speakers . lot of speaker for the money
    Thanks Phil, they are great sounding speakers especially the midrange IMO.

I'm on the look out for a better integrated amp at the moment and I might pull these if a suitable one turns up before they're sold, don't suppose you've any opinions on class D amps, specifically Micromega 1A180 @ 180watts into 4ohms?

Tony

I'm Steve.

Hi Tony
    Thats quite a collection of speakers.
    I have Dynaudio too and would never part with them but I'd love to own a pair of the Harbeth speakers you have.
    Good luck with the sale, suprised no one has snapped them up yet

Regards Steve...

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Tony
    Thats quite a collection of speakers.
    I have Dynaudio too and would never part with them but I'd love to own a pair of the Harbeth speakers you have.
    Good luck with the sale, suprised no one has snapped them up yet

Regards Steve...
    Hi Steve, sorry meant I've had those speakers in the past, the Harbeths are astonishing especially at low level listening, I loved them and any old amp will drive them but I think the Dyns need a lot more power and would love to hear them with an appropriate amp before I flog them if I do flog them that is, they really are superb speakers but it's the midrange that stands out for me, very natural sounding.

BTW which Dynaudio speakers do you have?

Tony

I'm Steve.

Hi Tony

Started with bma15 amplified studio monitors then 52s and now have Emit m20 which are outstanding.
    Contrary to what other people say they dont need masses of watts to bring them to life.
    I only use 50 watts per side and that drives them to silly levels.
    Again the midrange is top notch.

Regards Steve...

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Tony

Started with bma15 amplified studio monitors then 52s and now have Emit m20 which are outstanding.
    Contrary to what other people say they dont need masses of watts to bring them to life.
    I only use 50 watts per side and that drives them to silly levels.
    Again the midrange is top notch.

Regards Steve...
    Thanks Steve, the Emit M20s & the 10s are on my radar, just missed a pair of M20s on AV forums at a fantastic price, £420 I think from memory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast