+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ming Da Piccolo Amplifier

I'm Ian.

Post Ming Da Piccolo Amplifier

I'm rather surprised to be selling this but a change around in the living room means I'm looking for something more compact and that runs cooler. Rated at 18 watts per channel via the KT90 valves it drives my rather inefficient twin Jordan Eikona speakers (86dB) superbly with plenty of volume.
    I'm the second owner and had it checked out by Mark at Ming Da UK who, after rebiasing the valves gave it a clean bill of health and confirmed this is an official UK import with 230v transformers.
    Mark also recommended a change of the EC82 valves to NOS RMF from East Germany which brought about further improvements.

More recently Mark upgraded the standard caps to Audyns which he said would bring about worthwhile benefits - I can but agree.

Before

After

As you can see, apart from the board for the motorised volume pot (remote included) it is all point to point wiring and is in excellent condition. Any apparent marks are reflections.

It owes me a little over £600 so offers near this will be considered favourably. I have the original packaging so could be posted although it won't be cheap given its weight - I'd guess around £30 insured. I would prefer pickup so you can hear it working or happy to meet up/deliver depending on distance from GL6 for petrol money.

Oh, it comes with a valve cover too.

I'm Grant.

thats a nice amp. should sound great.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Nice. I like MingDa gear. Proof that Chinese electronics can be excellent. If I had a bit of spare cash, I'd have this!

I'm Ian.

Thanks Grant, it does sound very good.
    Geoff, I agree, there's more and more quality coming out of China. So much gear under American or UK brands is made there anyway.

Forgot to show it comes with a cage - rather attractive compared to some.

I'm Paul.

I would love to try this with my sensitive Klipsch KG4.5s and would if I could afford it. Good luck selling

I'm Ian.

Thanks Paul, remember I am open to offers.

I'm Ian.

Price reduction to £550 for this excellent, upgraded amplifier. Auditions welcome

I'm steve.

Default Ming Da Piccolo Amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Price reduction to £550 for this excellent, upgraded amplifier. Auditions welcome
    Looks lovely, wish I could afford it ☹️
    Which of the Jordan speaker designs did you use it with ? I’ve got a pair of Eikona 2 VTLs which I drive with an Amptastic Mini 1 which is only about 12-15watts into the 6ohm Eikonas, and I get easily enough volume for my needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

Hi Steve,
    I had the Eikona 2 originally in VTL cabs too and really liked them but got tempted by another pair of Eikonas and moved to DCR cabs.

I'm steve.

Default Ming Da Piccolo Amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Steve,
    I had the Eikona 2 originally in VTL cabs too and really liked them but got tempted by another pair of Eikonas and moved to DCR cabs.

Ah ! I’ve definitely seen that photo before, nice
    I have white VTLs too, do you run the drivers in series or parallel ?
    Apologies for pushing your thread off at a tangent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast