I’m glad you enjoy them young Barry

I'm Barry.

Cheers old Mike

I'm Michael.

Barry what amp do you use with them ?

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael loves music View Post
    Barry what amp do you use with them ?
    Sonneteer Alabaster 55watts , I haven't tried them with anything else and unlikely to in the foreseeable future as its so right . The toe-in on the speakers is quite severe , the manual recommends so you cannot see either side of the speaker from the listening position , mine are 7.5 feet apart with my seat being the same distance . I took a chance with the ProAcs , couldn't really lose at the price , they retailed at £1049 and their replacements the SM100 are about £1800 I think. The ones you saw in the charity shop went very cheap , if they had of done their research perhaps they were ProAc Tabletes ?

I'm Steve.

Might be a coincidence, but I've just spotted a pair of Proac Studio 115 on Ebay, sold by British Heart Foundation Leeds. Starting price £165.

Someone at the shop probably decided they would get more in auction.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Might be a coincidence, but I've just spotted a pair of Proac Studio 115 on Ebay, sold by British Heart Foundation Leeds. Starting price £165.

And it is a charity shops responsibility, reason to be to make money to support the charity and its work. I do sometimes see things overpriced but being honest that would still be a reasonable price.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

Makes sense, who wanders around charity shops looking for high end speakers? Other than me, of course
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Michael.

Me too Martin

I'm martin.

Well that 3 of us then, although it seems to be just two names. Noticed that charity shops are raising prices on everything from cds up.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123